Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 414 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Europe, Middle East
Do you work for a
Service Provider/Operator, Telecom Industry Vendor
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Main personal qualities:
A positive and enthusiastic problem solver, who feels at best on the border between commercial and technological issues, especially when many systems and contacts are involved. More than 30 years of total working experience with 20 years in Mobile Telephony in such different places and cultures, as Sweden, Russia, Middle East, Bulgaria and Azerbaijan.
A thorough understanding of the general picture allows creatively finding new approaches and solutions to problems, showing a way forward and leading others. Profound skills in personal communication and passion to learn and share knowledge help to efficiently handle dynamically changing situations and inspire co-workers.
These qualities and wide experience from Mobile Value Added Services and Number Portability make Tor-Bjorn a strong candidate for Management and/or Marketing positions in Telecoms and IT, especially with Vendors or Mobile Operators.
Areas of Expertise:
• Creative and Integral view on Commercial, Network and IT issues within Mobile Telephony
• Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
• Project Management, Programme Management
• All aspects of Mobile Value Added Services / VAS (Marketing, Service definition, Service creation, Service Logics, Charging, Billing integration, Service Promotion, Service Launch)
• Product Management, Product Portfolio Management
• Mobile Banking, Mobile Payments, Top-up channels development
• Structuring, analyzing and presenting information
Market development agent, Nov 2007 – present.
As a freelance Consultant, support several technology companies in their product development and sales, mainly towards Network Operators in Europe and Russia.
Examples of services offered:
- Identification of suitable customers and sales on behalf of the principal.
- Counselling on development of Mobile Value Added Services.
- Speaker at ”Global Number Portability” in 2009 and 2011.
Mobile Number Portability Project Manager, Viva Bahrain, Bahrain June 2011 – Mar 2012.
Coordination of all MNP-related activity in the company, external contacts with the regulator TRA and other network operators. Successfully managed the implementation of full support for Mobile Number Portability in Viva Bahrain.
Mobile Number Portability Project Manager for Customer care and Sales, Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (du), UAE July 2010 – June 2011.
As member of MNP project team coordinate development and implementation of processes for MNP within