Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 200 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Syed Talha Umair
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Service Provider/Operator, Telecom Industry Vendor
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Core Network Engineer
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
TM Forum, GSMA, ITU, TIA, ATIS, ECTA, MEF, InfoComm, IEC
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Experimenting in the Web 2.0 world
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
April 2010-Date TeleCard Limited, Faisalabad, Pakistan<br>Network Switching Subsystem – Core Network Engineer
• Configuration and Maintenance of HLR/AuC & MSC/VLR switch.
• Calling analysis using SS7 Signaling trace.
• Installation of HLR Database Server.
• Configuration & testing of Signaling C7 links, Trunk groups & Routes, Virtual MSC, LAI, etc in MSC.
• Configuration, management and optimization of Digit Analysis Selector (DAS) in MSC/VLR.<br>• Tariff preparations and optimization for different cities.
• Rate Plan preparation and management.
• Handling the routine optimization issues in Network.
• Actively assisted in the cutover of whole MSCs of Multan & Gujranwala Regions.
• Daily Network report for Traffic analysis.
• Weekly and monthly Backups of systems including HLR, MSC/VLR, Tariff, CDR and etc.r>• Customer complaints rectification.r>• Creation and Mapping of new and existing numbers (MINs) in HLR, and activation/closure alerts handling.
>• BSS network monitoring and limited trouble shooting to assist the field engineers.
• Fulfill rotating on-call duty for 24 hour 7day schedule and respond to emergency issues in a timely manner.r>Dec 2009-April 2010 China Mobile Pakistan Ltd (ZONG), Faisalabad, Pakistan
Radio Access Network (RAN) Optimization – RAN Engineer
• Analyzing network KPIs such as CSSR, CDR, HOSR on daily basis.<br>• Performing Traffic Analysis and devising solutions like Half Rate in case of Congestion etc. r>• Preparing daily and weekly reports of Network KPIs of all the region of Central–II. r>• Identification of worst performing cells and suggesting Optimization solutions through modification of radio parameters, frequency planning etc.r>• Frequency Planning, Neighbor & External Cell Audit.
• Drive Testing.
Dec 2008-May 2009 China Mobile Pakistan Ltd (ZONG), Faisalabad, Pakistan
Base Station Subsystem (BSS/OMCR) – Engineer
• BSS Daily Reports: History Alarms, Fluctuation, Down Sites, Critical Alarms.
• BSC & BTS Alarm monitoring, and escalate it to Field Engineers.
>• Coordination with FOPs department for Network and Sites related issues.
• Configuration of Base Transceiver Station (BTS)
>• B8018, B8112, BS20 (V2 BTS)
• Cell Quality Testing (CQT).
• Shifting of BCCH Transceiver.r>• Network Stats (KPI) & Plan Parameters collection.
>• Execute the work orders related to site additio