Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 288 views
Contacts: 2 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Telecom Industry Vendor
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
TM Forum, ITU, ATIS
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Previous experience 1
Telcordia Technologies (formerly Bellcore, Bell Labs) 1989-2004, 2007 – 2010
IP networks, network management, protocols and operations initiatives. Researched use of latest technologies and the impact to the FCC’s “National Broadband Plan”. Developed high level architecture to consolidate network operations for the USAF. Teamed with DISA and Johns Hopkins APL: w/ policy based enterprise management (PBEM) concept, proof and integration in the DOD GIG. Emphasizing end-to-end real time service availability and quality.
Director in the NGN BU, responsible for call processing translations/data engineering requirements/specifications, usability engineering, operations support engineering, Translations/data tool development for Telcordia’s converged networks VoP initiatives. Centering on interpretation of industry standards, customer needs and business plans to produce and maintain product and systems engineering requirements, operations center design / methods / procedures. As an example, this included design of interfacing with legacy and IP based CALEA and E911 networks and systems. Development of NOC support systems and documents. Managed establishment Sprint’s national network operations center for VoIP. Support of the captive lab, trials, customer
deployments and highest tier support for call processing issues, translations/data engineering, training & development and ongoing evolutionary product development. In addition to Sprint, deployed a converged network for CTC Communications (now One Communications) in the northeast U.S. where my responsibilities were similar.<br>
Prior to early VoIP groundwork, I was assigned to the EMS Business Unit of OSS Group. Specifically, I was assigned as a Senior Software and Systems Engineer in the Configuration Management Systems Department. As lead systems/software engineer, responsible for software design / development, systems engineering for customer network management systems. My duties included: system/unit design, software development and quality. Also lead development of new methodologies, technical presentations, training, and customer service and product management tools. Computer languages and tools used: c, c++, shell, awk, SQL, SNMP etc.
Previous experience 2
Convergence Engineers 2005-2007
>Consulted with ATS (Wayne, NJ) by starting a new business unit in the areas of VoIP, converged networks and other IP enabled services. Through Sedna Services of Philadelphia, PA for COMCAST, communications network “SME” assisting in development of a rich analysis/report of softswitch and overall next generation converged networks market. Reports featured analysis of existing Intellectual Property (IP) of varied nomenclatures including media gateway controller, call agent, gatekeeper, etc. Working with Sedna, assisted with in-depth patent and technology analysis/evaluations.
NewCross Technologies 2004-2005
Managed operations as the Director of Engineering & Operations Organization, Responsibilities: design, engineering, development, deployment and customer support. Call processing, signaling, transport and PSTN SME. I held overall responsibility for software deliverables through ensuring seamless interoperability and fault free live deployment in our customer’s networks. Ensuring the functions of the converged network and services met and exceeded our customer’s needs and expectations
>MCI (now Verizon Business, Verizon Federal Systems) 1988-1989
Senior Regional Manager with responsibility for all domestic and international switching operations center in mid-Atlantic region. Senior SME for Eastern Regional Network Operations Center. Responsibilities included: line management of a staff of ~80 technical indirect reports with 3 managerial direct reports. Responsibilities included the maintenance and support of DMS & ERICSON machines. Also responsible for a five node VAX cluster that served as one of MCI';s SCPs, along with STPs in the eastern region9;s SS7 network.
Northern Telecom/BNR (now Nortel Networks) 1986-1988<br>Lead the Operations Engineering Group for in Northern Telecom’s U.S. based captive test bed (FAST II, Raleigh, N.C.). Responsible for all deployed core call processing software for North American software loads (Product Computing Loads [i.e. “generics”). Managed release gating, patches and general deployment. Developed core translations and Equal Access software.
Network Architect and Subject Matter Expert in communications networking emphasizing the development, inter-operability, integration, deployment and operations of small to very large networks. Latest work:
* FAA FAVES VoIP implementation (VoIP).r>* System requirements, design, integration and strategies for consolidated network operations for a global DOD network.
* Consulting Principal for the Discovery module of the Telcordia Granite product. This work is IP centric with a SOA architecture which exploits SID data modeling.r>* Current concentration is on IP based networks involving real-time, mission critical, fault tolerant systems supporting converged network applications and platforms for convergence and next generation systems with emphasis on IPTV, unified communications and supportive IP platforms.
Key Experience includes:
* Over twenty years of massive information schema design, metadata exposure methods, core data methodology emphasizing application interworking.
* Strong understanding of converged network protocols and their interworking as well as `legacy` counterparts. General Manager of an engineering and deployment organization for IP telephony. r>* Strong leadership and business acumen - directed the group that developed the translation and routing engine for VoIP softswitch – instrumental in spin off of that business unit.
* Years of work in: protocols, OSS’ (OA&M, FCAPS, and TNM), network reliability & security, development. Extensive experience (administrative & practical) in regulatory issues in IP networks – i.e. CALEA, E911, reciprocal revenue, network access methodologies and applicability of FCC and state regulatory bodies on these critical issues.
>* Extremely strong communications skills- written, oral and presentational.
Active DOD Security Clearance (secret)
* 2 US Patents: NGN Call Treatment Mechanism, Inter-nodal NANP Software Routing Engine
* Member of Bellcore’s initial VoIP development team / 1st nationwide VoIP network<br>* Lead staff deploying a nationwide network management operations system
* Senior technical manager of MCI’s largest switching regional nodes including STPs & SCPs
* First implementation of SS7 & ISDN in the public switched networkr>* Lead engineering & operations systems development of nationwide corporate voice network
* Managed large LEC network