Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 485 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
What is your current job title?
MD | VP | Sales and Marketing Director
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Value Added Services (VAS)
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
TM Forum, GSMA, ITU, MEF, InfoComm
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Looking for sales contacts, Experimenting in the Web 2.0 world
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Experienced senior executive with an extensive international background in Mobile Commerce and IT/Telecommunications. 25 years of strong and successful track record of managing, selling and operating businesses involved in new, complex solutions and consulting services, increasing stakeholder and customer value as well as developing and expanding new business via strategic Alliance relationships. Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, Self-driven, motivated and results oriented.
Previous experience 1
Jan 2006 to present, MMP Limited GM / Regional Managing Director, EMEA/APAC Region
MMP Ltd provides mobile payment services. Its products and services include mobile prepay top up, which enables Banks, mobile operators, mobile virtual network operators, and transport companies to outsource their payment transaction services; micro-payment and eMoney services.
Created a niche business model to sell and implement Mobile Commerce services to the European, African and Asian subsidiaries of the US/European banks, sold the entire switch, PCI-DSS and Core Banking Payments systems, entire deal represents 12m$, Presently in the process of implementing a global top up model in Europe and Africa in collaboration with Eservglobal, MasterCard and Regional MNO’s.
• Developed integral relationships with key SI’s, financial institutions, Telco’s operators (MNO/MVNO) and implemented an innovative and multi-tiered sales model, including enhanced incentive programs with Targeted pricing and services offerings, successfully engaging partners to embrace brand and increase sales.
• Initiated and secured strong ties with major organisations including Everything Everywhere Carphone warehouse, Telefonica, Visa/MasterCard, Vodafone and FT Orange, providing critical entry points to key industry events along with building brand reputation and market reach.
• Managed all the regularities relationship and Issues with Visa/MasterCard and the government bodies
Previous experience 2
Jan 2003 to Dec 2005, Samsung SDS – EMEA/Asia Region, UK Based
SDS Europe Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung SDS that was established in 2000. Samsung SDS Europe's main business includes software package solutions, system integration, IT professional services and IT Outsourcing services in the B2B community.
Sales & Marketing Director; led the creation and establishment of UK offices along with the EMEA operational hub for new data systems business with a total staff compliment of 89 personnel; managed country Managers to maximise operations in diverse cultural and operating environments:
• Recruited and mentored the team in multiple countries and cultures to get results from second quarter, never seen before by Samsung, time to revenue 4 months against company’s average of 13 months before joining the organization
• Orchestrated our largest deal with Rolls Royse Aviation securing 8M$ outsourced revenue winning against their long lasting partner IBM Global Services
• Directed country specific sales strategies and partner programs, which led to securing agreements with Capgemini; additionally signed a worldwide agreement with HP to incorporate Samsung’s Mobile Payments solutions, which successfully added $12.5m in sales revenues for the region.
• Created the entire Sales and marketing division with dedicated department heads focusing on Key Account, SME and public sector team to make sure we do not leave any stones unturned to win business
• Cross sell opportunities were possible within Samsung’s diverse products and solutions entities
• Exploded our year two target by 300% to 25M$, vs. annual target of 8M$
• Personally involved in large project management, with key account and central government negotiations
• Hand on management culture infusion with my reports, to reduce time to make a seamless decisions making process
• Lead the strong sales team by example, based on understanding the different country specifics to apply the best in class methods of getting support for complex deal bidding and RFP responses in a timely fashion
• Introduced the first sales and management training program for underperforming team members, so that we achieve our common sales plan target
• Changed the company’s Asian overall business in EMEA and was commentated from SDS’s president based in Seoul
• Managed the acquisition of over $10m in new business through major deals with strategic partners, such as Oracle and EDS; along with a wide range of regional local partners and s