Member Type: Individual Profile
Networks: Middle East
Profile Views: 223 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Service Provider/Operator, Telecom Industry Vendor
Ufone (Etisalat Pakistan)
What is your current job title?
Executive Engineer (IN/VAS)
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Middle East & African Market
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Experimenting in the Web 2.0 world
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Executive Engineer IN/VAS Operations May 2009 – Present<br>Ufone (Etisalat Pakistan)r>
• Operation and maintenance of Huawei VAS nodes including SMSC, CGW and CRBT and Huawei Intelligent Network TELLIN including SCP, VC, EVC, SMP, USAU, URP, AIP
• System and database administration of IN and VAS platforms which include SUN-SOLARIS,UNIX, IBM p-Series Servers based on IBM AIX-5L and Huawei ATAE servers based on SUSE Linuxr>• Prepaid Package Development
• CDR and Log Analysis
>• Troubleshooting, Quality testing, Complaint resolution, Database management, Daily health check and System backups.r>• Defining of new and existing number plan/series at IN Platform
• Fault Management and escalation, enforcing SLA with vendor for closing tickets/complaints related to VAS and IN.
• Working on SMAP system for creation and modification of charging Matrix for prepaid and Prepaid IR subscribers.
• Integration and commissioning of new IN and VAS nodes for network expansion
• VPN provisioning de-provisioning.
• Maintaining Voucher Management System and generating new voucher pins for different Vendors.<br>• Managing 24/7 network operations for PTML IN systems and supervising all changes, testing and implementation on these systems
• Quality testing, Database management, Complaint resolution, System health check and System backups
• Daily IN Maintenance report preparation.
• Scheduling and performing maintenance activities for projects and system upgrades and configuration.
• Monitoring and analyzing network traffic stats in order to achieve the desired Quality of Service.
• Acceptance testing for hardware and all new services deployed at IN and VAS platform.
• Implementing emergency plan during Critical Days/Events to avoid system overload
>• Voucher generation, loading and activations.
>• USAU Configuration, SCCPGT and M3UA Link setup and monitoring to optimized the network<br>• Roaming and NDC definition on IN & VAS system
• Defining new GT';s on Universal Signaling Access Unit (USAU).
• Co-ordination with Revenue Assurance for Revenue consolidation.
• Review and analysis of Acceptance Test Procedures of Huawei ATAE (SCP, USAU, SMP) platforms
• Working on Huawei SMAP service for provisioning of prepaid subscribers.r>• Live call tracing on SCPs of Local and Roaming numbers.<br>• IVR short code definitions on Huawei Service SMAP
• Performing other routine tasks