Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 503 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Do you work for a
Service Provider/Operator, Telecom Industry Vendor
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Android App Developer
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
BSC in Electrical Engineering: Bahir Dar University, EF, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia, 1999 –2004.
BSc in Computer Science: HiLCoE School of computer science and technology, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2006 – 2010.
Previous experience 1
Synchronisys,VA USA , Android Developer Jun 2013 – till now
Experience with the full cycle of android development from initial requirement phase to deployment on Google Play.
Experience with multiple versions of Android SDK including Jelly Bean and Kit Kat.
Hands on experience with APIs such as Google Maps, Google search, Wal-Mart.
Experience working on various Android UI framework like layouts, views and fragments.
Expertise with MySQL, MySQL and SQLite.
Hands on experiences using Restful and SOAP web services.
Hands on experiences on Timesheet App and Wal-Mart Supply list App.
Expertise in use of content providers such as internal storage and shared preferences.
Experience in working with Android Studio and Eclipse for Android development.
Familiar with Scrum Methodology.
Excellent analytical, problem solving, technical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Sep 2010 - Oct 2012
• Share holder and Deputy managing Director of Emoziac IT Solution Plc, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Jun 2010 – Dec 2012
• Part time Electrical site supervisor at Afro Tsion Construction Plc as Electrical Engineer assisting site electrical sub-contractor and office engineers.
Previous experience 2
Nov 2007 - Dec, 2009
• Par time SS7 signaling Instructor at Ehio Telecom Training Institute (ETITC).
Teaching the seven SS7 signaling layers (MTP 1,2&3, ISUP/TUP,SCCP,INAP,MAP,OMAP) in depth for Telecom engineers and technicians.
Previous experience 3
Java Programmer and Software Architect May 2009- Aug 2011
I-WAN Technology Plc.
• Architect, develop and implement software programs to meet business requirements.
• Develop application code and modules for business and technical requirements.
• Develop and implement programs, designs and codes.
• Design and develop systems, sub-systems and programs.
• Coordinate and support technical staff, operations and vendors.
• Interact with clients to determine their requirements and needs.
• Resolve and troubleshoot problems and complex issues.
Perform unit tests and fix bugs.
Telecom Engineer (Ethio Telecom) Oct, 2004 – March, 2013
Eight years of professional experience as Switching Engineer….Operation and Maintenance Engineer …..and Network specialist (QoS delay time analysis specialist) in Ethio Telecom of mainly installing the hardware, configuring the software, commissioning the system and taking care of the quality of service on different kind of advanced digital switching that are provided by well known telecommunication vendors such as :
Ericsson…....International transit and Local AXE.
Since my engagement in the company I involved:
• In different maintenance & Operations tasks.
• In Controlling and monitoring of very high calls traffic meta data in the local and international transit switches.
• In configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of Routing table.
• In Real time traffic Controlling and monitoring of the incoming and outgoing calls.
• In Fraud detection and monitoring.
• In Performing and monitoring the backup and recovery routines necessary for data protection.
• Report the output to the concerned Higher Officials.
Specialties / Skills
Programming Languages: C++, Java, VB Dot Net, HTML, PHP, Python, ASP.
Databases: SQL, MySQL, MS Access.
Tools: MS Visual Studio.net, NetBeans IDE , Turbo C++ , Python,
Visual studio 2013,Eclipse, Ericsson WinFiol, Nethawk.
Platforms: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX
Networks: UNIX, Windows NT, CISCO