Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 366 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Independent Energy Systems Ltd
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Previous experience 1
Independent Energy Systems Limited 2010 – present
Solar PV design and installation
Director, Quality and Installation Manager
• Built the business case to establish a solar PV design and installation company.
• Defined business processes and QA system to gain the Government’s Microgeneration Certification System (MCS) accreditation.
• Work with clients to understand their Solar PV requirements; design systems to meet their needs.
• Manage installation projects; agree deliver dates with clients and suppliers, negotiate with contractors and suppliers, on-site management of installation, testing and certification.
Previous experience 2
GE Energy 2007 – 2010
Smallworld Geographical Information Systems
Software Development Programme Manager
• Successfully programme managed a 150 strong software development group based in the UK, Germany and India to deliver 10 to 15 Smallworld Geographical Information System products each year on schedule and within overall annual budgets of $20m to $25m. Directly managed 7 project managers.
• Restructured the Indian based software development team after modifying the recruitment policy to achieve a better balance of graduates and experienced staff to utilise skills sets effectively. Achieved greater productivity to successfully deliver key products to the market.
• Transitioned the teams to Agile Scrum development methodology and installed audio conferencing and SmartBoards to support global working.
• Worked with General Manager establishing 3 year roadmap and annual development budget, as well as prioritise product development based on business needs.
• Reported monthly to Software Solutions Manager against key performance targets – project performance (progress and financials), issue resolution, staff retention, recruitment, training plans/progress and QA audits.
Previous experience 3
Evolved Networks 2003 – 2007
Telecommunications Operational Support Systems (Spin out company from BT plc)
Head of Programmes and Services
• Established, grew and managed the professional services team; sold and delivered an automated access network planning product to Eircom; system centralised network design, ensured use of best design practices, reduced time for design and material costs.
• Successfully line managed staff; defined career paths, goals and objectives to develop and motivate staff. Encouraged them to be more responsive to business needs and increase productivity.
• Wrote and reviewed technical sections of sales proposals, tailoring them to address clients’ requirements, presented and demonstrated products to senior operations management.
Specialties / Skills
• Programme Management: Full Software Development Life Cycle management and quality control; Programme and Project Planning – defining tasks, milestones, dependencies, deliverables, documentation, resource estimation and scheduling; Critical Path & Risk identification and mitigation; Tracking & Reporting status against KPI; Handover to clients.
• Technical: Software programme management using traditional and agile methodologies; Software product technical pre-sales support, bid writing and presentations; Defining software system solutions.
• Financial Planning: Programme and project forecasting, Annual programme definition and budget negotiation; Full P&L responsibility, budgetary control and profit improvement;
• People Management: Leadership; Communications at all levels; Staff motivation, encouragement, coaching, training and development; Influencing; Recruitment; Conflict management; Identifying individuals’ strengths; Facilitator and Builds trust.
• Relationship Building: Stakeholder and Client Management – identifying business objectives & benefits, regular formal and informal interaction; Negotiation; Persuasion; Improve customer satisfaction.
• Business Development: Creating new opportunities; Understanding business drivers; Change management; Business start-ups.
• Market Positioning: Strong market awareness; New channel identification; Market analysis.
• Strategic Thinking: Strategic vision, ideas development, forward planning, research, analysis and evaluation; Problem solving and resolution; Matrix management; Business objectives focused.