Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 273 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Telecom Industry Vendor
What is your current job title?
Senior RF Engineer
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Experimenting in the Web 2.0 world
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Name: Victor Svet
Address: Fijnjekade 24, 2521 CR
Den Haag, the Netherlands
Phone: +31 65 181 8092 (mobile)
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of birth: June 25, 1971
Place of birth: Nisporeni district, Republic of Moldova
Citizenship: Republic of Moldova
Marital status: Married, one child (1997).
August 2006 – Present:
Group RF Engineer
HQ of Celtel International B.V., Amsterdam, the Netherlands
(MTC Group, 15 Operations in Africa and 6 in Middle East)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide guidelines, expertise and recommendations in terms of RF Planning and RF Optimization for Celtel’s Operations;
- Recommending an optimal set of tools supporting the planning and optimization requirements; evaluation and implementation of the same;
- Cell planning, capacity planning and frequency planning;
- Optimization of RF network including BSS parameter tuning (multi vendor environment – Ericsson, Siemens, Alcatel, Huawei) and physical site optimization;
- Issue clear instructions to, and ensure performance of RF staff working in Celtel Operating companies;
- Collect the RF plans, review, correct and validate the same in connection with Investments Approval process;
- Investigate and stay current with new features in BSS software, evaluate their usefulness and make recommendations/justifications for their deployment in operating companies;
- Knowledge transfer to the local Celtel operation RF Planning & Optimization engineers;
- Manage spectrum issues (optimal BTS configurations, estimates of spectrum requirements (incl. cost/ benefit analysis), investigation of interference, etc.);
- Provide support to new business development initiatives and activities from a technical planning perspective, i.e. preparation of marketing driven nominal cell and capacity plans, Capex evaluations for Business Modelling, etc.;
- Provide expert opinions, assessments to marketing, commercial, finance, etc. functions as regards viability of services, representation of coverage maps, cost of achieving certain marketing goals, and similar.
- Development and update of 2G/ 2.5G RF Engineering Guidelines for Celtel Operations;
- Development of Guideline In Building Solutions and Micro Cell Engineering Guidelines;
- 3G RF Guidelines preparation and initial dimensioning link budget calculations for Celtel 3G networks;
- Conducting Multiband Cell Feature trials in multiple operations and vendor environment, followed by preparation of the deployment guidelines, and implementation of the same;
- Providing support to operations in terms of cell planning, capacity planning a