Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 272 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
BSS / OSS. Operations Management strategy. Proposition development, strategic road map development.Solutions architecture, enterprise architecture, pre-sales consultancy, Progressive transformation, Change Management. Pre-sales.
20 years in the TMT sector across both vendors, consultancies and service providers.
MBA (Warwick Business School), BSc(Hons) Computer Science (Brunel University)
TOGAF 9 (Practitioner), PRINCE 2 (Practitioner), ITIL (foundation)
Previous experience 1
SKY, ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT, 2013 to DATE
Working as an Enterprise Architect for Sky Network Services on:-
- Service definition and Service Assurance architectural roadmap for Sky's next generation in-home TV offering [lead EA]
- Business case development and architectural roadmap for an Infrastructure Company to support FTTP service delivery, separated from Sky’s existing Retail business [Individual Contributor]
- Business case development and architectural roadmap for ‘Plan and Build’ organisational transformation (incorporating GIS / physical inventory, planning and orchestration systems strategy) [Individual Contributor]
- Customer-facing Service Assurance transformation across Broadband and Telephony domains, outlining plans for extension to cover TV domain assurance. Complete revisit of business architecture to improve agent/customer satisfaction and positively improve key business metrics (e.g. Time To Launch, Right First Time, Average Handling Time) [lead EA]
- OSS Inventory and related capability requirements, end-state and transformation road map definition - developing a roadmap supporting both an initial transformation to deliver quick improvements in assurance within the network management domain (successfully delivered), and a complete inventory transformation (deliverables produced supporting a RFP process to select an Inventory COTS product) [lead EA]
- Remote Access solution RFP, vendor selection and integration road map definition [lead architect]
Previous experience 2
2E2, TMT GROUP LEAD ARCHITECT, 2011 to 2013
Developing a set of propositions for the Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) Business Unit and representing these propositions in pre-sales engagements to CxO level / successful bid responses. Developing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) enabling propositions through the o2 Unify joint venture.
As part of this role, I developed an understanding of Infrastructure / Data Centre Architecture, Cloud offerings, Unified Communications, Mobile Device Management and Desktop Virtualisation technologies to complement my core expertise in BSS / OSS and Telco Analytics / Business Intelligence.
2e2 went into administration in February 2013.
Previous experience 3
AMDOCS, ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT, 2005 to 2010
- Project implementation architect responsible for the delivery of BSS / OSS solutions into major telecommunications operators.
- Pre-sales architect responsible for the development of BSS / OSS architectural proposals for major telecommunications operators across Europe, including proposals involving multiple partners and suppliers. Developed Service Management architectures to influence product and customer roadmaps, critically delivering against key business drivers in the sector. Successful major sales into BT (Neo) and Telstra.
- Amdocs lead on a Service Fulfilment proposition developed in partnership with IBM, represented at industry forums and sold globally.
Received 2008 divisional ‘excellence’ award for pre-sales and project engagements across Western Europe (‘for outstanding contribution and commitment in project and pre-sales architectural engagements’).
I am an experienced enterprise architect, having performed lead architect project roles and owned architectural propositions in pre-sales engagements across a variety of telecommunications clients around the world. I have experience in providing consultancy on the strategic evolution of BSS (front office) / OSS (back office) architectures, and have developed detailed end-state Service Management architectures that have guided both vendor application evolution and customer roadmaps. I have performed customer engagement and project management roles, and I am comfortable managing teams of consultants and owning customer relationships.
I have an MBA (Warwick Business School) and TOGAF 9 (Enterprise Architect) practitioner certification, and have successfully completed PRINCE 2 (project management) practitioner and ITIL v2 (service management) foundation certifications.