Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 169 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Service Provider/Operator, Telecom Industry Vendor
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Asst. General Manager
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Value Added Services (VAS)
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Currently i am working as Asst. General Manager since last 1 year. I am having role of Technical project Manager from IT & Innovations Team. Responsible for rollout of M2M service across India. Apart from M2m i am working with GSMA and other 5 MON's in India to rollout Mobile Identity service.
More than 14 yrs of experience in telecom industry .
• 4+ years of experience in technical pre-sales of mobile payment services.
• 6+ years of experience in telecom VAS with expertise in Ericsson mobile payment & NSN mobile TV services.
• 3+ years of project management experience in SI, development, Level 2 and Level 3 Tech Support projects for Telco’s in Europe, Africa and Middle East.
• 5 years of experience in VAS planning, integration & support operation in Ericsson India.
• Telecom VAS experience in Mobile TV, DVB-H, SMSC, SMS Gateway, Voice Mail, MCA, Device Mgmt, Tapping solution, OTA, SDP, WAP GW, LBS.
• Extensive experience in working with teams multicultural in geography.
Previous experience 1
Ericsson Global India Ltd (EGIL)
Specialist Engineering (Network Engineering) Mar 2013 – Nov 2014
As specialist engineering, responsible for planning, design, capacity & performance management of various Vas & BSS solutions. Responsible for providing effort estimation (engineering services) for new MS engagements within in Media and application domain. Working extensively towards implementation of new process, tool and automation for delivery efficiency.
Mobilicity Canada (Mar 13 to Sep 13)
RCOM, Mumbai (Sep 13 to Mar 14)
LIME, Caribbean island (Apr 14 to Nov 14)
• Feasibility study of new business requirements.
• Project Management of all new solution deployment and network integration & migration.
• Capacity & performance management of all vas solutions.
• Identify and signoff kpi’s for all vas solutions.
• KPI & performance data integration with performance mgmt. tool.
• Analyze performance data for possible optimization and identify issue proactively.
• Support 2nd level support team in critical issues.
• Prepare HLD and LLD for new node & interface integration.
• Responsible for planning, design of Ericsson solution like IPTV, ADC, MSP, MMC, MPS, EMA, MOIP and Convergys SMSC.
• Performance mgmt. of solutions under scope.
Previous experience 2
Hughes Systique India
Engineering Manager (Network Application Group) July 2011 – Mar 2013
Hughes Systique Corporation (HSC), a CMMi Level 5 certified company, is a world leader in providing engineering R&D services to a wide variety of companies ranging from Fortune 100 Tier 1 equipment vendors & ISVs to small and innovative startups.
• Pre-Sales support to sales team for opportunities in Mobile TV, SI & technical support.
• Work closely with development team for various customer requirements; prepare proposals, demo & POC.
• Project Management for system integration projects (OnSite Staff augmentation). Responsible for end to end activities like SoW & CR preparation, resource management, internal tracking of activities, stakeholder management, cost management & invoicing.
• Manage Level 3 tech support team of 5 supporting Mobile TV unicast and multicast (DVB-H) solutions for various customers in Europe, Middle East and South Africa.
• Lead Level 2 and Level 3 tech support team supporting Service Delivery Platform, Location based service & browsing solutions for telco in France.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Skills: Project management, effort estimation, driving process improvements & customer management.
Hughes Systique India
Principal Engineer (Network Application Group) March 2010 - June 2011
• As tech lead manage Level 3 technical support of Mobile TV solution for customers in Europe, middle-east and Africa.
• SLA management, KPI tracking & reporting to internal mgmt & customer, RCA, problem management, supporting L1 and integration team in change management.
• Have expertise on Mobile TV Streamer (Real Networks- Helix), Encoder (Helix & Envivio), HTTP streaming for iPhone.
• Developed and demonstrated POC for HTTP streaming on iPhone using Helix Mobile Server, Helix Security Manager and Squid proxy.
• Setup, integration and management of Mobile TV lab at HSC for demo, PoC, problem simulation & bug verification.
• As member of Process Definition Counsel, review & update existing organization process, raise process improvement request. Participated and successfully executed SCAMPI-C appraisal for CMMI L4/L5 assessment.
Previous experience 3
Ericsson India Pvt Ltd. January 2005 - March 2010
Ericsson IPX (Internet Payment eXchange) is a payment solution for mobile content providers. The hosted service provides payment and messaging to hundreds of content providers around the world in 25 countries.
Customer Solution Manager (Business Unit Multimedia-BMUM) May 2008 - March 2010
• Responsible for technical pre-sales of Ericsson IPX services in India and Nordic countries.
• Supports the Nordic and Baltic’s organization in the sales phase and interacts with operators to ensure that Ericsson IPX can provide the service at the committed service level to content providers.
• Qualification of new service in close co-operation with the local sales organization.
• Evaluate operator technical specifications with regards to new markets, including possible business models, gap compared to IPX service.
• Propose and present technical solutions to customers.
Sr.Engineer (Team Leader, IPX Service Management) April 2006 - May 2008
• Effectively managed transition of 1st line and 2nd line service operations from Ericsson IPX Sweden to Ericsson India GSDC.
• Successfully established IPX incident management team of 8 members and Back Office (Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management) team of 6 members.
• Successfully implemented problem management process and practice which resulted in service availability of 99.98%.
• Continuously track team performance and suggest improvement areas along with training requirements.
Engineer-TAC VAS January 2005 - March 2006
• Level-2 support for Airtel’s VAS network catering to 3 major circles. New product integration and operation and maintenance of SMSC, SMS Gateways, Device Management, MCA service, Voice Mail Service, SIM based services, Tapping solutions and other content applications.
• Capacity Management & forecasting of hardware, optimization of hardware and software, security audit, backup and implementation of disaster recovery plans were some of my secondary responsibilities.
• Troubleshooting of services to have maximum uptime & to meet KPI’s.
• Single point of contact for NOC and Bharti Airtel SPOCs for any VAS related issues and escalations.
• Ensure timely closure of trouble tickets raised from NOC and service request from customer.
Skills: Managed service, service management, Work experience with multi-cultural teams, Solution management, ITIL, telec