Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 334 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Americas (Colombia, Paraguay, Bolivia, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador)
Do you work for a
Millicom International Cellular
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Global Transmission Manager
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Looking for employees, Looking for sales contacts
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Professional with 20 years of international experience in Telecoms.
Worked for a vendors, operators and in consultancy in over 20 countires worldwide.
T and Transmission, Microwave links, Planning, Project Management, Teamleader, Training, design, engineering, Network Synchronization
Previous experience 1
November 2013 - present
Millicom International Cellular S.A. (Tigo) – Miami
Responsible for Transmission Infrastructure in the 13 countries of MIC (Tigo) in Africa and Latam (Middle and South America).
• Controlling and approving transmission budgets for all the countries.
• Implementation of transmission Network Planning and Optimisation Solution Suite (NPOSS)
• Setting up op transmission community.
• Setting transmission strategy for all operations
• Convergence off all business units (Mobile/Corporate/Home)
• POC for vendors and RFP’s
• RFP for FTTH
• Guidelines for FTTH implementation
• Support on FTTH implementation projects
Previous experience 2
March 2012-October 2013
Millicom International Cellular S.A. (Tigo)-
Responsible for Transmission Infrastructure in the 7 countries of MIC (Tigo) in Africa (Tanzania, Chad, Senegal, DRC, Ghana, Rwanda, Mauritius).
• End-to-end Design, planning and engineering of connections (SDH, IP over SDH, VOIP) from Tigo PoP via terrestrial fiber and submarine fiber for the African countries of Tigo to the IP Cloud in Telehouse datacentre London, Portugal and Marseille. Responsible for the entire project life cycle and end-to-end implementation.
• Planning of requirements and 5 year forecasting with internal customers (Tigo operations in Africa)
• Leading tender on submarine fiber capacity Africa (value 99.5 MUSD)
• Support on metro, long-haul dark fiber and VSAT projects.
• Performing technical audits on master plans of the country’s infrastructure including Mux’s, amplifier/regenerative sites, fiber characteristics.
• Successfully connected all African Tigo countries via submarine fiber (including backhaul) to London/Portugal/Marseille below budget.
Previous experience 3
February 2007 - March 2012
Cybercom Singapore Pte Ltd- Singapore
Accountable for all worldwide Transmission projects in Cybercom.
Including performing network audits, network planning, consultant selection, quality insurance.
Sales/business development on Transmission projects.
From September 2011 responsible for sales and business development Asia.
Overview of projects performed:
• 17 Transmission audits
• 5 Network synchronization audits
• 4 Transmission planning Trainings
• 3 Transmission Network optimization
• 1 Transmission Network Planning and design
• Support in RFP and RFQ’s
• 3 Master plan design
• Fiber implementation
• Design of capacity and resilience tool
• Interim Transmission Manager / Team leader
Specialties / Skills
Project management of complex international projects
Global guideline implementation