Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 159 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Telefonica O2 UK Ltd
What is your current job title?
RF Planning and Optimisation Engineer
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Looking for employees, Experimenting in the Web 2.0 world
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
RAN Performance Engineer, T-Mobile UK, Hatfield Dec 06 – Present
• Implement and maintain frequencies, scrambling codes and 2G/3G parameters and features across all T-Mobile sites ensuring the highest levels of efficiency and according to design principles.
• Actively prepare and test process documents for regional teams on new tasks and features introductions.
• Undertake and support project based parameters and features trials to continually improve network performance on both 2G and 3G fronts, generating regular network performance reports.
• Involve in Optimisation activities of the Network which include Drive Survey Analysis, Area Re-tunes and Network Investigations etc.
GSM/UMTS Optimisation Engineer, Orange UK, Birmingham Jul 05 – Dec 06
• Perform Optimisation activities of the Network to improve overall call success rate, typically to include: Drive Survey Analysis, Area Re-tunes and Network Investigations.
• Support Network expansion activities through the timely completion of rollout and complex site integrations.
• Analyse coverage and call data, reporting on findings and recommending solutions for the improvement of network performance to maintain the competitive advantage.
Conduct frequency planning activities to maintain optimal performance of the network, post network expansion or as an output of fault resolution activities.
• Implement periodic audits of the Radio Network parameter set, taking remedial action to maintain data consistency and network integrity.
L2/L3 Diagnostic Engineer, NSH Techlogistics Ltd, Birmingham Nov 04 – Jun 05
• Diagnose and repair mobile handsets on a daily basis. Have a clear understanding of GSM network and protocols, particularly for the air-interface part.
• Operate automatic and manual test equipment (GSM multi-mode test sets, DVM, oscilloscope, spectrum analysers) and verify calibration or calibrate where appropriate.
• Learn new phone product operation, layout, theory of operation and faults in short time scales. Always demonstrate good ESD awareness within workshop environment.
University College London (UCL), Torrington Place, London Sept 99 – June 03
MEng (Hons) Electronic and Communication Engineering: Second Class
Final Year Project (Obtained Grade A): “Measurement of off-air signals for use as “illuminators of opportunity” in passive radar systems”
A group project involved investigation of the suitability of free off-air signals for Passive Bistatic Radar System. We developed a receiver system which was used to acquire, digitise and store the of