Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
What is your current job title?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Planning and optimisation of RAN: network planning and management of the network planning process, rollout planning, network optimisations, CAPEX/OPEX planning:
1) Cell planning, nominal cell plan to meet licence requirements and KPI on coverage, capacity and QoS/GoS.
2) Site selection and site planning; zoning permission application and justification letters; site equipment layout; site mast specification; antenna and feeder selection, antenna mounting height, azimuth and downtilt specification; etc.
3) Cell parameters specification: frequency (FDMA/TDMA) or scrambling code (UMTS) or PN-offset specification (IS-95/1xRTT/1xEV...), neighbour list and handover parameters specification; number of assigned frequencies (FDMA/TDMA) and channel elements (CDMA); slots reserved to GPRS/EDGE (GSM) and spreading codes for HSDPA (UMTS), etc.
4) Site location and cell/antenna optimisation -- using an optimisation tool to select the subset of site and to find the matching antenna azimuth, mounting height and downtilt in order to meet coverage, capacity and GoS targets or to minimise the CAPEX/OPEX.
5) Traffic monitoring and traffic forecasting; spreading traffic over an area and recapturing traffic from within cell footprint; recommendation for timely upgrade of cells/BTS/Node-Bs to carry the offered traffic with the specified GoS/QoS.
6) Site drive-testing for verification of coverage and QoS; propagation model tuning.
7) Site backhaul planning -- microwave link planning, LoS verification (Fresnel zones), frequency and polarisation planning; applications to the regulatory body for microwave spectrum, equipment selection, availability calculations; CAPEX/OPEX planning.
8) Licence support -- preparing submissions to the regulator about spectrum usage, frequency coordination, network audits to demonstrate compliance with licence requirements.
9) Development of algorithms for planning and optimisation of RAN: neighbour list planning for hard and soft handovers; frequency assignments for non-hopping and hopping channels (GSM); scrambling code assignment and optimisation of the number of codes from the same subgroup assigned to a single Node-Bs or a single site (UMTS); optimisation of the cell/antenna parameters and selection of a subset of sites to meet coverage target, etc.
10) Managing customer and client relations, presentations to customers, training in the principles of technology and the practice of network planning; etc.