Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 437 views
Contacts: 3 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Service Provider/Operator, Telecom Industry Vendor
What is your current job title?
Project Manger, Service Delivery, Telecom Operations, Instructional Design & Technical Teaching
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Knowledge of DS1, DS3, Ethernet, Frame Relay, MPLS, BGP, VLANs, collocation/data center environment, interconnections to other service providers, cross connects, and facility assignments. I also have experience ordering Carrier circuits, tracking orders, test and acceptance or orders. Experience managing networks, IP telephony, and the Audio Visual projects. Wireless survey experience. Knowledge of Cisco hardware Routers, Switches, Wireless AP radios. Knowledge of Structured wiring (cat5e) and fiber optic cables. Understands Qwest’s outside plant (OSP) architecture. Project Manager with over 10 years telecom experience. MS Telecommunications.
Previous experience 1
>MEC 10+ years Project Manager 2001 to Presentr>Level 3, of the five acquired companies, some databases were missing 60% to 80% of customer billable data; since customers weren’t being billed, Level 3 was/is losing money.
● Identified scope and magnitude of Sonet, DWDM, transport or SIP trunking outages to mitigate customer downtime by achieving <10% error rate.
● Worked with Change Management to ensure dependencies were managed and communications were clear.
● Ability to manage multiple initiatives and instill calmness in the face of chaos.
Hosted VOIP provider UBN, provisioning system riddled with bugs and errors. Sole project mgr that
● Managed customer orders to meet or exceed internal metrics; provided weekly status reports on order status, jeopardy management, and resolution.
● Through coaching, built & maintained high performance team.
● Took ownership of each customer order; actively managed inter-departmental communications; identified risks; raised and/or initiated escalations or expedites to mitigate risks. r>● Responsible for program and project management for new customer installations, disconnects, and/or moves through use of 3rd party vendors. Managed 60 ongoing projects per month. Proven ability to work with difficult customers, contractors, and vendors.r>● Ability to manage multiple initiatives and instill calmness in the face of chaos.
Bank, project manager who performed IT Governance compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley<br>● Competing departments (employees) demanded software upgrades from limited software developer’s time and other limited resources. Prioritized which software development projects would yield the greatest gross profit margin. Greatest GPM projects were worked first.
Financial Services firm, sole project manager who
● One client filed lawsuit against the firm over billing disputes. I obviated the client’s lawsuit, by negotiating the settlement of billing disputes.r>● After detecting exposure to toll fraud, I reduced cellular telephone costs by 15%.
● After discovering unresolved past due balances for a branch closed 7 months earlier; I worked closely with vendors to resolve past-due balances, and canceled unnecessary long distance facilities.
>● I managed 21 remote branch PBXs. To improve efficiency, hardware & software upgrades were performed which reduced call processing time by 15%.<br>● I discovered excessive em