Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Telecom Industry Vendor
What is your current job title?
Director, Global Business Development
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Looking for sales contacts
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Business Development leader possessing more than 16 years of experience with significant software market strategy, trend mining, and client experience working proactively to build pipeline, generate leads, and close sales deals. Known for delivering and sustaining revenue and profit gains within highly competitive US and global markets. Exceptional communicator with a proactive and consultative sales style, strong negotiation skills, exceptional problem solving abilities, and a keen client needs assessment aptitude. Aggressively identify opportunities, develop focus, and provide tactical business solutions.
• Global Business Development
• Strategic Business, Sales, & Account Planning
• Channel Development & Sales
• VP Marketing, Director Marketing
• Go-to-Market Creation & Execution
• Market Feasibility & Competitive Analysis
• Customer Experience
• Omni-channel Optimization
• Telecommunications software sales--OSS/BSS
• Customer Relationship Management
• Customer Loyalty & Retention
• Revenue Growth & Market Optimization
• Sales Team Leadership
• New Product Introduction & Market Evangelization
• Contract Negotiations & Execution
• Corporate Communications
• International Business
• Organizational Leadership
• Strategic Planning
• Best Practices, Benchmarking & Process Redesign
• Channel Engagement & Opportunity Planning
• Thought Leadership
• Lead Generation Campaigns
• Business Value & ROI Creation
• Product roadmap
• Market requirements
• Product vision, product planning, & product messaging
• Customer engagements
• Product life cycle
• Competitive positioning
• Competitive differentiation
• P&L activity
Previous experience 1
Director, Business Development, North, South, Central and Latin America (LATAM)
October 2013 – Present (1 year 10 months)Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Leading business Development within the Amdocs Customer Management(CM) product division in North America and LATAM to achieve targets in the communications industry cross channel and customer care space. • Responsibility includes managing the creation/development of all regional Go-To-Market plans globally (7), managing all actionable insight across the business for Operations Reporting, and I was the single point of contact for all financial or deal escalations to CM leadership globally.
• Dramatically increased cross-divisional collaboration. Drove successful completion of 3 collaboration projects at VP/Division President level alignment in APAC, Europe, Central and Latin America, and north America.. Personal collaboration work significantly improved overall internal satisfaction scores for Americas.
• Became trusted advisor of VP’s and Sales Directors through my industry knowledge, product knowledge, implementation experience and customer facing ability.
• Redefined the Business Development role.
• Led fight to keep products in deals where deal was at risk
• Voted by Leadership onto Extended Leadership Team and led or co-led multiple thesis-level projects to improve challenge areas
• Successfully led unsolicited proposal process. Created and pitched more than one customer thought leadership or product proposal per month
• Represented Amdocs in Customer Experience Forum(CXPA).
Previous experience 2
VP Marketing and Public Relations (Volunteer)
Carolina Film Community
February 2014 – Present (1 year 6 months)Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Leadership and strategic direction for all of CFC's communications, marketing, brand management and public relations across all channels including social media channels.
Previous experience 3
Director, Channel Sales
October 2012 – October 2013
Sales, Management and key leadership position within the Amdocs Customer Management (CM) division. Responsible for growing the business within North, South, Central, and Latin Americas region and achieve bookings and revenue/EBIT targets through the sale of new services and solutions. Leader and focal point for customer-facing teams. Managed presales team, but also led a virtual team of product marketing, management, and professional services members focused on protecting existing revenue streams and growing new revenue streams in region.
Recognized CM business expert responsible for face to face presentation and discussion with C level executives -- CM regional expert with extensive knowledge in the Industry/Market, Thought Leadership, partner ecosystem including 3rd parties, mature & new solutions, competitive insight, and deal pricing/P&L Challenges.
Responsible for educating on our CM solutions to ensure a confident sales team promoting and building pipeline.
o Develop and manage the execution of the Go-To-Market plans for each region
o Manage and plan the Regional P&L for the business to achieve booking/revenue targets
o Support R&D roadmap Alignment
o Ensure sales education of new products and solutions
o Layout account and opportunity plans in coordination with the sales teams
o Ensure the pipeline and forecasts are accurate and on target
o Coordinate with sales to ensure sales cycle velocity for new initiatives
o Perform needs analysis directly with key customer teams
o Present and demonstrate personally and via team
o Evangelize success stories,business case and other ROI tools
o Develop Thought Leadership “catalysts” and work with marketing to delivery to customers
o Define and execute lead generation campaigns in the region