Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 121 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
NEWBIGGIN BY THE SEA
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
2000 - Present Field / Switch Engineer
T Mobile / Ericsson
• Accountable within a multi-faceted role with the primary remit to undertake proactive and reactive maintenance per service level agreements in place.
• Working closely with network monitoring staff to encourage the timely resolution of faults within assigned area. Providing extended support to other areas where required.
• Ensuring all company guidelines are followed whilst undertaking installations, commissioning and maintenance works. Sharing best practice amongst peers and other stakeholders where possible.
• Sought upon in light of competencies to train other members of staff. Providing constructive feedback to aid professional development and performance.
• Deputising in the role of Senior Engineer in the absence of the Field Manager. Ensuring all area tasks are completed within service levels.
• Ensuring all activities resonate with health and safety guidelines. Proactively addressing any hazards through undertaking risk assessments and following escalation channels in place.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
• Diagnosing and resolving incidents on equipment installed within Switching Centres for EE and O2.
• Troubleshooting, upgrading, maintaining, integrating and commissioning all of Nokia, Ericsson and Huawei 2G, 3G and 4G LTE RAN elements in conjunction with remote network management using Nokia NetAct.
• Install and maintain fibre LTE and microwave radio equipment.
• Carry out antenna rigging and rope access duties.
• Completing quality control audits on installed and upgraded network equipment, per company standards and best practice.
• Accountable for updating company applications and contact points with information critical to the progress of fault and project work.
• Carrying out maintenance and fault repairs of mobile communications equipment on the Nexus train network.
1992 - 2000 Supervisor (Communications)
Armed Forces (Royal Signals)
• Responsible in a lead role to manage the performance and compliance of Communications Teams, comprising of up to 10 staff.
• Overseeing schedules entailing installation and maintenance of communication equipment and networks. Ensuring all staff and rotas are conducive of service level achievement.
• Accountable as a key contact / Supervisor of HF, VHF, UHF and satellite mobile communications detachments.
• Managing inventory of communications equipment. Facilitating regular audits to identify and resolve any discrepancies.