Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 437 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Start Up Advisor
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Value Added Services (VAS)
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Ability to connect with like minded professionals
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Social software marketing expert & start-up advisor who excels in informing and influencing a wide range of audiences. With over 10 years of experience in emerging and disruptive technologies, is at the cutting edge of best practices. Also a well-respected and connected communications professional, industry commentator, and influential member of the social media and global tech community with a Klout score of 63-65.
Previous experience 1
Start-up Advisor/Social Media Consultant
Adviser to several disruptive start-ups in mobile, finance, entertainment and social gaming sectors. (i.e. Entrago, adsy.me, BetterBill, Tictail, CurrencyWire).
• Develop integrated marketing strategy in line with projected growth targets.
• Devise strategies to drive traffic to website or mobile app.
• Contribute to web/UI design, user experience and product development.
• Establish social media communities and channels to increase awareness.
• Advise on funding, partnerships, social software, and gamification where appropriate.
• Develop PR/Communications strategy in UK and globally as needed.
Previous experience 2
Head of Global PR at Stardoll Network
• Registered users grew from 30m to 200m
• Robust PR strategy resulted in year-on-year increase in ad revenue.
• Developed campaigns aligned with customer acquisition team to increase and convert users.
• Helped develop Stardoll TV, the first member led Webcast show that brought together product, celebrities, brands and entertainment to the Stardoll community.
• Created content and helped to re-brand to youth market: BBC, JC Penney, Random House, Mattel, Simple Skincare, Coty, Warner Bros. through gamification.
• Successful increased brand awareness throughout EMEA in 2010 and continued in emerging markets: Brazil, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Poland to become top markets.
Previous experience 3
Digital Marketing Consultant /Sart-Up Consultancy
Consultancy specialising on building online engagement to increase client visibility, profile and reputation using best practices and diverse marketing/PR strategies
• Led marketing and sales strategy, including website redesign for Enounce leading to a 13% increase in sales.
• Successfully launched Perfectforms, cloud computing services using several digital media channels including, blog, direct, SEO, audio and video, PR, and through social media.
• Worked with EMI to rollout iKlax iPhone app for re-release of David Bowie’s Space Oddity, including microsite, widget distribution and YouTube channel. Resulted in 100k downloads.
Marketing Director at Seesmic
Directed all marketing activities for video conversation platform often referred to as the “Twitter of Video”. Backed by Atomico and Omiyder Partners.
• Free Ingrid Betancourt campaign on Seesmic in March 2008, generated lots of media coverage, and joined in celebration of her release from Columbia prison July 2008.
• Paulo Coelho celebrated the 20th Anniversary of ‘The Alchemist’ with questions on Seesmic and video podcast from Spain.
• Led 20th Century Fox ‘XFiles I Want to Believe’ film release on Seesmic that linked to Micro-site resulted in 6,000 replies.
• Campaigns and partnerships led to inclusion at World Economic Forum at Davos, TED, Picnic, and numerous top social media conferences.
• Led communications globally internally and externally via newsletters, company blog, social media and premier speaking events.
Specialties / Skills
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering a wide range of applications.
• Flexible team player that thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Proficient in Spanish, Italian and Swedish.
HTML, CSS5, CMS, PPC, PPT, COMSCORE, Photoshop, Keynote, Google Analytics.