Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 178 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Telecom Industry Vendor
MYCOM UK LTD
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Senior Systems Engineer
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Extensive experience with competence in software development, implementation, integration and support in the operations field.
An effective team leader with excellent communications and time management skills
Proven record of leading all technical aspects of project delivery from requirement gathering to final acceptance
Strong solution providing, customer facing and delivery management skills
Experienced in E2E product delivery with Service Quality Management and Reporting,
Strong solution-providing skills and problem resolution skills
Extensive usage of quality initiatives to make the deliverables with best quality and conformance to standards
Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills, team management, team training, leadership, mentoring. Self-motivated and self-driven
Have proven track record of service assurance software delivery and a professional leader and independent worker.
A firm technical background in OSS software and systems and in particular in the Service Assurance / Performance Management/Fault Management space.
Fluent in mobile operator technology domains including radio access, mobile core, value added platforms, and transmission.
Deployment & integration of OSS products on cluster as well as non-cluster environments
Previous experience 1
My current role involves participation in all technical aspects of the products implementation and integration, including technical architecture, interface design, report design and configuration.
Working on projects end to end includes requirement gathering and analysis, system audit, customer network architecture study, liaising with R&D team, scripting and development.
Developing interface specifications with customers, working with R&D to develop requirements and solutions
• Configuring interfaces to multi-vendor OSS & EMS systems
• Software installation, configuration & testing using unix and database command lines to diagnose interface failures
• Integration of NIMS PrOptima with multi vendor OSS (Ericsson, NSN, Huawei, CISCO, AIRWIDE etc)
Responsible for the preparation and execution of software introduction activities including system integration testing through to final User Acceptance Testing at customer premises, compiling data interface specifications and conducting internal reviews, reviewing data interface specs, implementing and delivering system customizations.
Involved in writing Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, Software Feature Specifications and general technical network design specifications within the Performance Management space.
Previous experience 2
End to end deployment of Openview TeMIP NMS. Migration of TeMIP NMS environments from standalone to Clustered architecture.
• Complete application support for TeMIP/TSM enhancement, configuration, upgrade and support.
• Responsible for maintenance of HP products and the TeMIP Framework to include all 3rd party products
• Coordination with HP R&D for the testing and implementation of latest patches and modules
• Coordination with multiple vendors’ whose products were integrated with TeMIP
Software Engineer at Hewlett Packard Jan 2005-April 2007
• Rollout and upgrade of TeMIP Fault NMS platform for multiple customers globally. Integration of TeMIP NMS platform providing fault reporting for GSM and GPRS network elements Nokia, Ericsson, Alcatel, Huawei, NICS, Cisco and etc.
• Design and development of ETL module ( Extraction, Transform, Module) for OVPI ( Performance tool) using Perl
• Design and development of GUI for Universal Load Manager for Openview TeMIP using Java
Specialties / Skills
Performance and Fault Management, OSS Solution Architecture, Consultancy and technical sales, E2E Service Quality Management, Reporting, ITIL, ITSM, Service Level Management SLA/KPI/OLA, Product and Lifecycle Management, Service Design and Delivery, Project Management