Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 313 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
TX-Com Telematic Systems Inc.
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Middle East & African Market
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Eugen A. Blau
PO Box 1358, 7067 FM 982, Princeton, Texas 75407-1358, USA
+1-972-542-3481 (Home) +1-972-542-3482 (Fax); firstname.lastname@example.org
An experienced telecommunications engineer with a proven track record of planning & implementing effective improvement programmes & project management on an international basis within the telecommunications market sector. Having worked in places as diverse as Africa, the Middle East, USA, Mexico as well as mainland Europe. Strong leadership, commercial & operational management experience.
Results & customer orientated & profit-focused, with business infrastructure planning skills.
Experience of telecom’s network and asset security and associated investigations, service quality, business continuity planning, 3rd party & contractor management, strategic planning, people management, training & development, budgets & profitability initiatives.
January 2006 – July 2008
Telecom Technical Auditor, Project Manager / DCN – OSS / GPRS/3G
Alcatel-Lucent, Lagos, Nigeria
Client: Globacom Ltd.
• Project management of UMTS/GPRS Firewall cluster rewiring incl. Project planning, detail engineering and supervision of contractors and staff during project execution.
• Technical Audit incl. new design proposal for the Data Communication Network (DCN) for 12M subscriber 2.5G GSM / 3G UMTS/HSDPA operator, with ALCATEL, Siemens and Huawei equipment.
• Technical Audit and redesign proposal of the Data Communication Network for provisioning and alarm monitoring for the transmission network for Alcatel and Siemens (SDH) transmission network elements [OSI (CLNS/IS-IS) and TCP/IP protocols].
• Technical Audit of the Firewall subsystem serving GPRS/3G, VAS, DCN-OSS and Call-center/GLOshop
• Design of complete new architecture for a three tiered Firewall cluster system inclusive Firewall Security Manager for the head-end of GPRS, VAS, DCN-OSS and Call-center/GLOshop.
• Business Process organization for the DCN.
• Know how transfer / Introduction of best practices into GPRS / VAS / DCN-OSS operations.
September 2005 – December 2005
Core Network Engineer / Technical Design Authority
Client: Freetime Telecom (FTT), Amsterdam Netherlands (Mobile Virtual Network Operator)
• Design of core network for GSM Mobile Virtual Network Operator.
• Integration of Data Core Network (DCN) and Operational Support System (OSS).
• Integration of Home Location Register (=HLR) with multi IMSI capability into IN/Prepaid environment. SS7 protocol over IP via SIGTRAN and SIP protoc