Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 458 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Latin America & Caribbean
Do you work for a
Telecom Industry Vendor
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Sales Director Latin America
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
TM Forum, GSMA, ITU
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Looking for sales contacts
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Demonstrated results in growing IT Software market, entrepreneurial & turnaround environments. Knowledge of Latin America Business Practices and protocols.
- Main skills include:
- Thorough knowledge of the Mobile Communications Industry market and supply chain, with focus on Mobile Network Operators, OEM's and MVNO’s
- Success history in positioning and selling new, complex value propositions (VAS, Roaming, Device Management, Mobile Advertising, NFC, M2M)
- I established my excellent professional track record over 15 years of methodically developing and executing sales strategies for emerging technology companies in the telecommunications industry.
- I have broad experience leading high performance sales teams to win major deals from top carriers across Latin America. I have also personally sold solutions to some of the leading operators in the world, including America Movil Group, Telefonica Group, Millicom, Cable & Wireless, and government entities in the telecommunications sector.
- Fast build-up of focused sales and delivery teams in an international environment, including in-country Account Managers, Resellers, Partners and Third Parties
- Proven track record in contract negotiations and closure of complex, multi-million deals in diverse cultural environments.
- Multi-year experience in P&L management, turn-around management, business development and definition of sustainable business models with specific regards to SW licensing and SaaS.
- OIT and Revenue forecasting, pipeline management and reporting up to board level
- Experience of both large, Blue Chip, International Firms as well as start-up environment
- Unique blend of Technical, Commercial and management skills. Twenty three years’ experience – nearly 10 at C-level. Conceive and execute corporate development strategies.
Previous experience 1
LATIN AMERICA SALES DIRECTOR
JANUARY 2015 – DECEMBER 2015
Sales Director Latin America for a NASDAQ listed software company providing provisioning, subscriber activation, customer service management, M2M (machine to machine) management solutions and MDE (Mobile Data Enablement) to the wireless market globally.
The company is currently leading the space in Dynamic SIM Allocation (DSA) which cuts huge cost from mobile carrier’s operational budgets to service and grow their subscriber base. At the same time DSA enables carrier marketing teams to get unprecedented interaction with, and analytics into, the pre-paid subscriber at point of first use, in doing so facilitating the dynamic offering of differentiated services previously not possible to this significant subs segment.
Evolving Systems launched a solution for the M2M market which helps facilitate a workable economic model for operators and enterprises looking to develop an M2M ecosystem.
Most recently Evolving Systems launched a solution called MDE (Mobile Data Enablement); mobile operators quickly design and deploy new types of service plans with new revenue models and higher customer loyalty without significant changes to their existing infrastructure.
MDE is a complete SaaS-based Online Charging System (OCS) enabling operators to deliver new mobile data offerings to market without affecting their existing data charging and control infrastructure.
Previous experience 2
LATIN AMERICA SALES DIRECTOR
SEPTEMBER 2012 – DECEMBER 2015
First employee in Latin América region. Set up sales office in Bs.As. And México and closed new business with mobile operators.
- Drive new business development and sales
- Account management
- Partner management
- Customer meetings and presentations
- Commercial proposal creation
- Contract negotiation and preparation including SLA and support/maintenance contracts
- Planning, attending, speaking at industry events
Business Development in Latín América for Mobile Operators:
3G/4G/LTE: Media Server / Diameter Gateway / Carrier App for iOS, Android (USSD over Data)
SDP: Multi-channel Service Delivery Platforms
Core Messaging: USSD Center / MAP Gateway / CBC / SMS Gateway
Intelligent Networks: CAMEL Gateway / Virtual Mobile Numbers / MultiSIM / Mobile VPN
Intelligent Call Completion: Missed Call Alert / Mobile Collect Call / Poke Call Service
Roaming: USSD & Seamless Callback / Welcome SMS
Previous experience 3
MCTEL - A GEMALTO COMPANY (NOW GEMALTO)
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER LATIN AMERICA
MAY 2010 – AUGUST 2012
MCTEL, THE WORLD LEADER IN MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS, SMS GATEWAYS, MMSC, USSD GATEWAYS, ROAMING, CELL BROADCAST, DEVICE ANALYTICS, M2M AND VAS APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES.
Responsible for deploying business within GSM mobile operators in Latin America. Create and Generate new Business Model and opportunities in Latin America, Value Added Proposal for Mobile Operators and Financial Services organizations. Executive responsible of the increase and expand the install base for MCTEL/Gemalto in the region.
CAREER OBJECTIVES AND PROFILE
To continue my professional development in software applications solutions and services sales consultant areas, where I can contribute with my experience and take advantage of my creative profile oriented to identify new business opportunities.
My current objective is to apply my unique, diverse skills and long experience in Latin America Software Market, INFOR ERP, SCM, EAM, MDM, CRM, Telecommunications billing, provisioning and activation, mediation applications solutions OSS/BSS, LATAM business development focused in high tech products and solutions like:
-Mobile operators. Software platforms like Mobile Device Management, Mobile Payments, USSD Gateway, MMSC, SMSC, Roaming Steering, M2M, m-Banking, Cell Broadcast, SIM Cards, OTA, Billing, Pre-Paid Systems, LBS, PBBU, EIR. VAS E-Business / E-Commerce and software to managing a successful sales or business development team at a growing company.
Specialties / Skills
Native Spanish (5), Fluent Brazilian Portuguese (4), Highly Proficient English (3.5) Advanced Level ICANA.
Software Skills: Microsoft Office (word/access/ Excel/ PowerPoint/MS Project) , Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/VISTA/7, MS Outlook, MS Visual Studio, Mac OSX, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian), Open Source Tools, Arbor BP, Charting Tools: Visio. Lotus Notes, Dreamweaver/Flash/ Fireworks, PHP/ASP.NET, Visual Basic 6, HTML /XML, VBA, SQL , Siebel CRM, Sales Force CRM, SAP, Oracle Financials.
Certified with SmartTrust MDM, Smart Roaming, OTA, ODA, SIM, ODA, Target Account Selling I/II, Siebel Architecture and Design of CRM solutions, BEA Integration Services, Open Systems, Dynamic SIM Allocation (DSA), OSS/BSS, On Demand Applications.