Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 683 views
Contacts: 2 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Interim Programme and Project Manager
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job, Looking for sales contacts
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
A highly-experienced, influential & results-driven Senior Interim / Programme Manager with a very successful background in B2B, FMCG, telecoms, IT, retail, government & FTSE-250 corporate sectors.
‘Can Do’ approach to successful programme & portfolio leadership, engaging with key stakeholders at CEO/CIO level & 3rd parties, delivering ‘fit for purpose’ innovation, new products, NDP and revenue streams.
Highly accomplished, able to design and execute effective programme delivery strategies & roadmaps.
PRINCE2 & ITIL qualified, with strong experience of applying best practice frameworks, tools and methods.
Experience of driving change management, business transformation, service transition, project strategies, technical products, project portfolio delivery, customer care, multiple project delivery and benefits realisation.
Key skills & business capabilities
Transformational Programme Leadership Business Planning & Strategy Development
Budgetary Management (OPEX & CAPEX) Service Delivery Management & Support
Business Process Re-engineering Service Improvement Programmes
Business Requirements Translation Communications Product Delivery
Solution Design and Implementation
NPD, Product Management
Target Operating Model (TOM) Design & Deployment
Full Project Lifecycle Management
Business Cases & Benefits Realisation
Team Leadership and Team Management
Stakeholder Engagement and Relationships
iOS, RIM, Android and Symbian Platforms
Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
Troubleshooting and Problem Solving Skills
Full details at
I'm an open networker - I'll be pleased to accept your invitation.
Previous experience 1
Vodafone Global Services
Responsible for spearheading a critical service improvement initiative for Unified Communications
• Focused on delivery of a programme as part of a customer retention and growth initiative for VGS
• Top-level stakeholder engagement, with programme reporting to senior executive level in Vodafone
Previous experience 2
United Konsultants Ltd / Innovate UK
Responsible for delivering project assurance and support to Innovate UK, a UK Government Agency
• Client-facing project role, engaging with a provider of £2.5bn+ of grants for innovation in UK R&D
• Delivery of project assurance and controls, ensuring appropriate project delivery and governance
• Supported Innovate UK in objective to secure commercial IP, new jobs and exports for UK plc
Previous experience 3
RELATIONSHIP & PROGRAMME DELIVERY MANAGER
Seven Principles Group GmbH
Responsible for client engagement, account management and programme delivery management
• Appointed to UK-based role with a Mobile-focused consulting & implementation services company
• Joined a €100m t/o business, supporting a customer base including major mobile service providers
• Delivered 3rd line support for Vodafone’s 430m+ global mobile users, centralising 3rd line support
• Drove NPD of SIM-based security product offerings, securing margin increases of in excess of 50%
• Project-led Microsoft Office 365 migration for corporate clients across Vodafone’s global networks
• A charismatic individual who is an out of the box thinker, pushy but cautious
• A motivated self starter who is willing to drive through obstacles in order to deliver
• Willing to get his hands dirty in order to move the project forward
• Disciplined approach to planning and control
• Individual and team motivation skills
• Ability to facilitate decisions around project scope and budgeting with key stakeholders
I love to achieve things, and the more people that I can work with who share that enjoyment the better. My role is often to avoid or help move obstacles, whether they be real or perceived. My goal is always to enhance the team's capabilities so that they delivery faster than expected this time, and next time too.
Specialties / Skills
Well Honed Skills:
• Leadership: by example, and prepared to challenge to bring out the most in all of the team.
• Mentoring and Coaching: Developing junior Project Managers, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Developers and Test Analysts. Also all stakeholders in their role in a project to secure success.
• Processes: Experienced at cascading vision and mission down an organisation, establishing objectives, processes and metrics at each level.
• Project Planning & Delivery: Prince 2. Very strong Project Planning, Implementing, Tracking and Reporting.
• Risk Management: Experienced at formally managing and mitigating risks and issues.
• Change Management: Experienced at balancing change with time and value and its effects upon people.
• Budgeting: Estimation, justification and monitoring to maximise value from available funds within project tolerances. Responsible for cost centres up to £20m
• Supplier Negotiation: Whole cycle: Product identification, contracts, procurement and ongoing support to £10m p.a.
• Communication: Clear, concise communicator at all levels including board, shareholder, regulator and press/media trained. Confident translating from commercial to technical and vice-versa. Also past media contact for the Gingerbread Organisation.
• Persuasion: Confident in gaining commitment to project objectives from all involved; from executive sponsor to vendors
• Technical: Skilled with MS Office, MS Project, Visio, DreamWeaver, Windows, UNIX/Linux, LAN/WAN, VOIP. Familiar with managing embedded, PC and web based software development including Java, PHP, SQL Databases, Firewalls, Server farms.
• Self Motivated: A self-starter with enthusiasm that rubs off on those around him