Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 551 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Do you work for a
Cube Consultants Ltd
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Do you belong to, or participate in any of the following
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
CURRICULUM VITAE – Chris Bray
• Experienced management consultant/sales specialist with a proven track record in the telecommunications industry.
• Excellent operational manager with the ability to successfully lead large teams (up to 150 employees) to deliver business benefit and revenue though major programmes
• Expert in the telecommunications industry, wireless technologies, software, solutions and applications.
• Highly experienced and much sought after conference speaker.
• 30 years management experience spanning IT, financial and business activities.
• Expert facilitator and trainer
• Proven track record of delivery in sales, consultancy and programme & project management.
November 1997 – Present IBM UK
June 2006 – Present
Software Group Business Development Executive (Telecommunications)
• Accredited Telecommunications Industry expert for Software Group within UK and Ireland with 15% of time available to the rest of IBM Europe
• The role comprises a number of elements:
o Good working knowledge (at a high level) of IBM’s software brands
o Developing C-Level Client relationships
o Business Development within the UK&I client base, mainly looking at selling large long-term software-centred solutions
o Development and implementation (with other IBM brands) of the software strategy for the telecommunications sector working towards delivering against IBM’s 2015 targets for the sector.
o Client workshops around IBM’s Telco Framework solution (Service Delivery Platform)
o Evangelism and Conference Speaking
o Working with GBS (IBM) and other external consultancies and system integrators
o Working with Independent Software Vendors and the IBM Developer Relations team
o Internal Liaison across IBM business lines
o Internal and external education
• Achieved OTE in 2006 - 2011 and expects to meet 2012 targets
• Two additional roles in 2011/2:
o Project Management role on behalf of IBM Software Group to relocate its 600 south-west London personnel following the closure of the Bedfont Lakes office
o As part of IBM’s Centennial celebrations worked with teachers and students across the UK to deliver a series of workshops in support of IBM’s Smarter Planet initiative.
June 2000 – June 2006
Wireless Solutions Executive
• Set up (as part of a senior team) and developed IBM’s very successful Wireless e-business in Europe selling leading edge wireless and broadband solutions.
• Responsible for Communications Sector sales (Telco, Utilities, Media & Entertainment) sales for EMEA (Europe, Midd