Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 133 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Value Added Services (VAS)
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Looking for employees
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Hugues Bridault - International Operations & Telecom Expert
Position of Senior Country Manager for a company with strong international
Autonomous & competent ‘hands on’ senior executive with many years proven international experience and delivered results. Strong theoretical and applied expertise in the following major areas:
• Corporate creation and global management: 10 years experience in Africa and Central Europe.
• Finance: mergers & acquisitions, effective leveraging, securing large scale financing.
• Strategy and management of direct and indirect distribution channels.
• Telecom network management expertise
Cie GENERALE DU BURKINA (CGB) Burkina Faso, Benin, Togo, Niger 2003 – 2005
Founder of this consulting company
Objective: to use my experience in West Africa in order to develop businesses for European industries or consulting companies.
A six months strategic mission with the telecom minister of Burkina Faso in 2004;
A height months strategic mission with the local Pstn in Mali to start up the marketing Strategy of their GSM Operation (Sotelma/Malitel)
Lobbiying for the signature of a six hundred beds University hospital between the Government of Burkina Faso and
SIEMENS Medical Solutions (Turn Key Project)
TELECEL INTERNATIONAL Burkina Faso, Benin, Togo, Niger 2001 – 2003
REGIONAL COO & MANAGING DIRECTOR
The board of Telecel, recruited me as COO and GM for a four-country region as part of a strategic reorientation of their activities in Africa. The situation was critical. My goal was to drastically boost overall performance and to create favourable conditions for the eventual sale of Telecel (and other operations in Africa) As regional head, my formal role and objective was to oversee, improve, and develop operations in the entire area while also serving as Managing Director for Burkina Faso, (in early stages of formation). Challenges:
- Four large scale independent operations in different phases of development
- Lack of internal support: no strategic team & no audit teams
- Strong competition from larger, established rival
- Serious financial shortfall which called for drastic action
- Political instability and cultural complexity
• Operations & Revenues - Headed four affiliates: Burkina Faso - $9.6M; Benin - $19.4M; Togo-$11M; Niger - successful creation & start-up in 2003.
• Staff – Management of 3 Managing Directors (plus served as MD in Burkina Faso), 12 Branch Managers (Finance, Technical, Commercial), 400 employees. Recruited entire team for Niger & Bu