Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 185 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
What is your current job title?
Grid Deployment and Operations Manager
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Staff member at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research).
Grid Deployment group.
The institute is leading actor in the realization of the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG). The aim of the WLCG project is to deliver a world-wide computational grid infrastructure able to provide distributed computational and storage resources for data produced by the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), a particle accelerator bound to start the operations in 2008. The WLCG infrastructure started the operations in 2003. The scale of the existing infrastructure, which currently encompasses resources provided by more than 200 computing centres worldwide, makes of the LCG the largest grid facility ever built so far. A major role in the development of the WLCG infrastructure was also played by the EU through the project EGEE (Enabling Grids for E-sciencE)
Previously working as consultant in Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Italia
Grid Deployment and Operations at CERN
October 2003 – Present
* Coordinator of the EGEE Pre-Production Service, a grid infrastructure providing services based on the gLite middleware. PPS services are provided by 30 computing centres located in 11 different European and Asian Countries. (www.cern.ch/pps)
* Member of the OCC (Operation Coordination Centre), central coordination body supervising the operations across the regions of the production WLCG/EGEE grid.
* Member of the CERN Regional Operation Centre, (www.cern.ch/roc) coordinating the operations in the CERN region of the production WLCG/EGEE grid
* Site manager of CERN_PSS grid site
* grid service administrator at the CERN_PROD site
* administrator of a Virtual Organization
Analyst at Cap Gemini
(Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry)
2000 – 2003 (3 years)
• 2002/2003: Analyst. Telecom Italia Mobile. Development of a mediation system. Support to project management for the analysis of requirements, technical evaluation of the software, software issues reporting, software deployment Documentation (Operation Manual)
• 2002: Analyst. Enel.it (IT branch of the first Italian electricity provider) Network and performance monitoring. Product customization, support to the acceptance test, design and development of backup procedures. Documentation (User Guide)
• 2001/2002 Analyst. blu Application Management programme. Feasibility studies, impact analysis. functional analysis. Supervision to software implementation, delivery and configuration control
• 2000/2001: C/PL-SQL develope