Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 398 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Do you work for a
Telecom Industry Vendor
Company or Personal Website
What is your current job title?
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Throughout the years I have worked and gained experience in several areas inside the telecommunications industry as radio, transmission, switching, intelligent network (IN) and business support systems (business intelligence and charging systems).
My 16 years experience on telecommunication projects gave me a set of important skills that I believe to meet your client needs, and I would like to pinpoint some of them:
- System Support Engineer for Ericsson Charging System (BSS)
- Intelligent Networks Engineer (Ericsson SMAS, Digitalk)
- RAN O&M Field Engineer
- RAN O&M Team Leader (Managed Services contract, SLA, KPI, team management, 3rd party service suppliers control)
- Sonus Platform Administration (VoIP)
- Experience with core platforms (Ericsson AXE)
I have performed tasks like system integration, system testing, system support, operation and maintenance, system monitoring and planning.
I accumulated experience in field operations, as well as on OMC (Operation and Maintenance Center) and Team Leader.
I am a self-motivated, responsible and open to new challenges professional.
Previous experience 1
Intelligent Network and Charging System Support Engineer
2009 → Present
VoIP platform administration
Ericsson Charging System
Managed Services Contract delivery
XML, C, Perl
System Support and O&M of more than 100 servers, which include Unix/Linux, Solaris, Windows Server, SQL.
Managed the Intelligent Network platform on a Managed Services contract.Activities performed on this contract:
Ericsson SMAS administration
• Information & Business (non geographical numbering configuration)
• Access Screening
• Number Portability
• Post-paid calling cards
• Pre-Paid calling cards
• Conference Call meeting rooms
• Microsoft Server
Sonus VoIP platform administration
• Unix Servers
• CDR's maintenance
• Escalation of hot issues
System Support Engineer for Ericsson Charging System:
• Nodes (Unix/Solaris/Linux) - SDP, AIR, CCN, Minsat, CRS, IVR, NRS and UCC
• 1st Level Support
• System Tester
• System Integrator
• Customer Network Support (CNS)
Have basic knowledge on Ericsson AXE/Switching.
Able to read XML, Perl and C/C++ code, write simple/medium C programs.
- Succeeded with the System Acceptance Tests for a new charging System platform in Angola (Africa), performed under very stressful and time limited conditions.
- Delivered a Managed Services Contract for Core and IN O&M with an SLA above 90% (3 hours to solution since the first call until final resolution for trouble ticket, 30 minutes SLA for change requests of international traffic routes).
- Implemented a VoIP communication client (ECC) within the team members that needed to travel, which improved the utilization of the mobile phones when travelling and it was cost-saving for my department.
Previous experience 2
Team Leader/Project Manager
2007 → 2009
Team leadership and customer interface on two Managed Services contracts for the 1st and 3rd mobile operators in Portugal, totalling more than 3000 sites and over 3 million mobile
Leader of a team of 52 elements, that provided RAN O&M field service 24/7 nation wide.Role tasks:
• Preparing daily workloads for staff and co-ordinating the daily allocation of work.
• Motivating the team to achieve high standards and KPI targets.
• Handling new client enquiries and acting as the face of the business.
• Monitoring and reporting on performance targets.
• Weekly team meetings, focussing on targets and achievements.
• Involved in the recruitment of new staff.
• Praise team members and create a positive working environment.
- Built a trustworthy relationship with a challenging customer and provided work of great quality which was highly recognized.
- Accomplished to successfully deliver a contract with very demanding SLA's.
As an example 3h SLA since a site in any geographical area of the country was reported non-operational until it was fully operational again, with a SLA higher than 95%.
Previous experience 3
Radio Access Network O&M Field Engineer
1999 → 2007
- BMC Remedy Action Request System
- Ericsson, Motorola, Huawei RAN hardware and software (2G/3G)
- PDH, SDH, HDSL, FWA
- Site infrastructures
- Test Mobile System (TEMS)
Network Roll-out, Operation & Maintenance, Commissioning, Site Acceptance and Site Survey, Hardware and Software Integration, Curative and Preventive Maintenance.
Radio optimization, radio network analysis with TEMS.
Integration, maintenance and testing of the following transmission equipments: FWA Siemens, FWA Alcatel, HDSL, SDH, Mini Link E, Mini Link Traffic Node, Mini DXC, Mikon Repeaters.
- Technical multidisciplinary work/decisions under high levels of stress associated with the operation of national telecommunications networks with very strict SLA's
(example: 3h SLA since a site in any geographical area of the country was reported non-operational until it was fully operational again, with a target higher than 95%).
- Adapted quickly to new challenges, as an example a customer (Colt Telecom) requested help for one deployment project of SDH nodes and aggregated services, for this I had to learn more about IP networking and routers configuration (Cisco and Huawei) in a very short period of time. What had began as a 1 month trial turned into a 7 month partnership.
- Achieved my personal goal of radio network optimization for supplying coverage on A6 Motorway, without a single drop call, from it's beginning until the boarder with Spain, around 180km.
Specialties / Skills
- Radio Access Network
- Charging System
- Intelligent Networks