Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 551 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
United Arab Emirates
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
Service Provider/Operator, Other
Knowledge point / Emirates Advanced Investments
What is your current job title?
Satellite Program Management Office Project Manager
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
Middle East & African Market
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
Program Strategist & Manager with 20+ years of rich and diverse experience, including Over 8 years of Direct engagement in International (UAE, KSA, USA) environment
Post graduate Engineer and a Seasoned IT Professional engaged in Program Office Management Strategy, Project Management, IT Consulting, Organisational Development, Procurement Management
Satellite PMO strategy definition & implementation for complex and enterprise level Program Management
Strong Technological Expertise of Satellite Communication, Wireless/Mobile Communication Technologies/Equipment/Tools/Software
Accomplished Functional expert of Telecom/ISP domain and proficient in requirements definition, future process design, gap analysis, interfaces, testing and maintenance
Management of USD 2,850,000 consultancy engagement project for the development of the Jebel Ali SmartCity and Airport City ICT infrastructure, services, processes and launch strategy and business plan
Previous experience 1
Emirates Advanced Investments, Abu Dhabi
Satellite Program Management Office Project Manager (Jul 2009 onwards)
Reporting to the Program Sponsor, the Director of the “Centre of Excellence” PMO and the YahSat Program Services Director while managing 6 resources for the “Satellite Program Management Office” (SPMO) development, realization and operation.
• Defined the program’s Work Break Down structure in terms of its associated projects and Work Packages
• Implemented the needed Integrated Project Team (IPT) organizational structure, the necessary “Communications Management Plan” and developed the program’s SharePoint portal.
• Designed and led the “Change Management“process to maintain control over the program’s scope variations and the “Configuration Baseline”.
• Developed the program’s “Risk Management Plan” and maintained the update and reporting process to the Project Sponsor, Directors and IPT.
• Established the necessary corporate relationship with the “Centre of Excellence” Project Management Office by creating the needed reporting channel and man-hours reporting.
• Initiated and delivered the necessary Satellite Program Management Office IT infrastructure and its operations.
• Lead the VVIP project wireless network initiation, planning until start of execution.
• Maintained ongoing relationships with the program stakeholders; the “Turn Key Contractors” (EADS ASTRIUM, Thales), “Operations and Management”(Paradigm), YahSat and with the customer.
• Promoted the program/project management methodology throughout the SPMO and published two white papers titled: “Program Integrated Management” and “The Program Life Cycle and its relation to the Project Management Office” in the “Centre of Excellence “ monthly periodical.
Previous experience 2
Director of Projects & Quality (Jul 2006 to Apr 2009)
Reported to the CEO, leading a project team of 18 resources for PMO 2009 Strategy development/ implementation as well as multiple strategic projects like Smartworld Services (hosted Unified Communication services) to Small to Medium Business clients, while supervising the Access Agreement Consultancy Project between Smartworld and Etisalat for use of the Enterprise Payment Gateway (EPG) solution of the later for a secure e-Payment platform.
Previous experience 3
Giesecke & Devrient Egypt, Cairo
Information Technology Manager (Sep 2003 to Jan 2006)
Reported to the CFO; supervising 2 resources for the Management of the IT Infrastructure, Services, Security, Operations and Budget compliance.
Vodafone Egypt, Cairo
Transmission Program Manager (Nov 1998 to Sep 2002)
Reported to the Director of the PMO and led 5 resources for management of different system projects/ programs e.g. implementation of SMS and WAP Services, Y2K Compliance, Add Drop Multiplexer, and Wireless Access Network.
Managed the program work of the Procurement, Operations and Engineering departments for installation and activation of the GSM infrastructure e.g. Mobile Switching Centres (MSC), Home Location Register (HLR), Visitor Location Register(VLR) and Base Transceiver Access Network (BTS).
Specialties / Skills
Strategic Program Office Management
IT Project Delivery & Support
IT Infrastructure & IT Security Policy Management
Supplier Relation Management
Client/Market Need Analysis
Pre-sales & Business Development
Team Development & People Management