Member Type: Individual Profile
Profile Views: 936 views
Contacts: 0 friends
Location (City, State)
Global region are you based in? For example Eastern Europe, Asia
Do you work for a
What is your current job title?
Business Applications Manager
Which of the following areas are you most interested in?
What would you like to get out of Telcoprofessionals.com?
Professional Environment, Ability to connect with like minded professionals , Expand network for next job
Professional Background/Education eg. BSS/OSS
IT Manager with 12+ years of experience in the IT and Telecommunications industries. Built and managed competent teams to achieve hi-tech projects and programs with focus on the business targets.
• Business oriented strategic thinking
• Building skillful and target oriented teams
• Project management expertise (IPMA certified)
• Experienced in the full software lifecycle
• Skilled leadership – performing through people
• Communication and presentation skills
• Vendor management and negotiation skills
• Demand management and analysis expertise
• Standards literate (ISO, SOX, CMM, eTOM, ITIL, etc)
• Multinational working experience
Currently Business Applications Manager at Etisalat Egypt: responsible for IT Demand Management for the Marketing, Marcom, Commercial Planning and Engineering departments. Previously was senior business analyst in Vodafone Egypt: resposible for Vodafone live! and Mobile TV services.
IT management, Project management, IPMA, Software development, Portals, Web development, Content, video streaming, 3G, Data services, VAS Applications, Messaging.
Business Applications Manager Etisalat Egypt
Since March 2007
• IT Demand Management for the Marketing, Marcom, Commercial Planning and Engineering departments. This includes business analysis, technical project management, and relationship management through managing team of project managers and business analysts.
• Plan the roadmaps for the owned platforms and ensure proper support and SLAs in place
• Align the IT plans with the business plans and calendars
• Build and implement a business process automation plan for the mentioned departments
• The typical projects include:
- Portal projects: Web portal, WAP portal, and SIM toolkit
- Self services: Internet Bill browsing, Bill e-payment, Balance recharge, etc.
- VAS applications: SMS broadcasting, MMS applications, and Mobile applications
- Promotions: Bonus on recharge, reduced minute rates, handset bundles, etc.
- Enterprise solutions: GIS, Mobile Number Portability, and business process automation
• Participated in launching Etisalat Misr
• Built the Business Applications Demand Management unit
• Launched “Choose your number”, the first service for Etisalat Misr in the market
• Built and managed key platforms including the web portal, mobile portal, SIM menu toolkit, alerting engine, content delivery engine, promotions subscription system, and others.
• Launched aggressive time to market promotions and commercial products and services
• Introduced the IT Demand Management process and other processes
• Established strategic partnership deals with tec