NEW YORK, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, today unveiled the telecommunications luminaries that will provide vision, understanding, and awareness on the hottest trends in the industry at The Big Telecom Event (BTE) (www.bigtelecomevent.com/chicago/). BTE is a demo space and conference that brings real-world, cutting-edge technology demonstrations and insight to communications service provider executives.
"The telecom industry is in the midst of dramatic change, and for the BTE, we are bringing together many of the leaders of that change," says Carol Wilson, Editor-at-Large, Light Reading. "Our speaker roster includes those heavily engaged in shaping virtualization, mobile network expansion, and transformation of network operations."
- Axel Clauberg, Vice President, IP & Optical, Deutsche Telekom, and a Board Member of the Open Networking Foundation, has 32 years of networking and computing experience and is highly regarded for his software-defined networking knowledge.
- Bikash Koley is the Principal Architect and Manager of Network Architecture at Google, where he is focused on network infrastructure scaling, optimization, and reliability. Prior to Google, he was the co-founder and CTO of Qstreams Networks and spent several years at Ciena Corp. in various technical roles developing DWDM and Ethernet technologies. He is also active in various networking standards bodies.
- Diego Lopez, Senior Technology Expert at Telefónica SA, will present a keynote address. He is currently focused on identifying and evaluating new opportunities in technologies applicable to network infrastructures, and the coordination of national and international collaboration activities. His current interests are related to network infrastructural services, new network architectures, and network programmability and virtualization.
- Yiannis Argyropoulos, Principal Member of Technical Staff at AT&T, is responsible for the Cellsite Backhaul and Small Cell Architecture for AT&T's Mobility division. He has more than 20 years experience in wireless in the areas of analysis and design of wireless systems, and the performance analysis and architecture of networks and protocols.
- Klaus Martiny, Senior Project Manager at Deutsche Telekom, is focused on the future of network operations systems. He has more than 37 years of telecommunications experience. He is also an affiliate of NGMN (Next-Generation Mobile Networks) and NGCOR (Next-Gen Converged Operations Requirements).
- Kevin McGinnis is the Vice President of Product Development & Operations for Pinsight Media+, a mobile media company, powered by Sprint, which delivers unique mobile advertising, mobile commerce, and analytic services.
- Randy Nicklas, Executive Vice President of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer at Windstream has extensive experience in the design, implementation, and integration of large-scale IP/MPLS backbones, VoIP soft switch and feature server platforms, metro Ethernet networks, and transport networks.
- Ron Mudry, Founder and CEO of TowerCloud, has more than 29 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. He was also founding CEO of Progress Telecom where he created an industry-leading provider of fiber and backhaul services.
- Glenn Wellbrock, Director, Optical Transport Networks Architecture & Design at Verizon, is responsible for the development of new technologies for both metro and long-haul transport infrastructures. He has more than 20 years of experience within network operations, product architecture, and product planning.
The Big Telecom Event combines the educational power of interactive conference sessions devised and hosted by Heavy Reading's experienced industry analysts, with multi-vendor interoperability and proof-of-concept networking and application showcases. BTE is geared toward helping attendees better understand concepts such as software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), small-cell architectures, next-generation policy and charging, big-data analytics, and mobile network security.
BTE sponsors include: ADVA, Alcatel-Lucent, Champion ONE, Ciena, Cyan, Fujitsu, Infinera, MRV, SpiderCloud, Support.com, Symantec, and Transition Networks.
The Big Telecom Event will take place on June 17 and 18 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. Speaking and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information contact: email@example.com.
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
617 739 1769
SOURCE Light Reading