April 21, 2016: ACI is pleased to announce that the Second Annual FCC Boot Camp will take place in San Francisco, CA at the Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf on June 27-29, 2016. The comprehensive agenda was developed in conjunction with industry leaders and designed specifically to help professionals that work with the telecommunications, satellite, wire line, wireless, and cable industries—as well as spectrum negotiators, engineers, and industry in-house counsel—a strong working knowledge of core FCC competencies.
Stephanie Butler, Division Manager with ACI, stated, “We are proud to bring such an esteemed group of speakers comprised of the nation’s leading FCC experts who will share their business, legal, and regulatory knowledge on how companies can successfully navigate the complex regulatory structure. Not only will attendees learn about how the current Incentive Auction will have a lasting impact on businesses, they will also learn about how to minimize the risk of FCC enforcement activity against their company.”
Butler went on to state that, “This Boot Camp has been designed to respond to the needs of the industry and the rapidly evolving technology space. As the burden on spectrum increases, speakers will address how to obtain more spectrum specific to your business. In addition, as privacy and data security remains a major point of concern, this program will discuss the FCC’s role in privacy matters. Of course, the agenda will continue to feature practical business, technology, and regulatory strategies that will help companies develop practical strategies in response to ongoing matters.”
Speakers include the nation’s top communications lawyers:
• Mitchell F. Brecher, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
• James C. Falvey, Member, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC
• John M. Beahn, Counsel, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
• Colleen Boothby, Partner, Levine Blaszak Block & Boothby LLP
• Ross a. Buntrock, Partner, Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
• Michael Calabrese, Director, Wireless Future Program, New America’s Open Technology Institute
• Patrick S. Campbell, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
• Stephen E. Coran, Member, Lerman Senter PLLC
• Tom W. Davidson, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
• James Dempsey, Executive Director, Berkeley Center for Law & Technology, UC Berkeley School of Law
• Eric W. DeSilva, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
• Michelle Fleming, General Counsel, Digium, Inc.
• Craig A. Gilley, Member, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
• Mordy Gross, General Counsel, Xchange Telecom
• Eduardo R. Guzman, Partner, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
• J.G. Harrington, Special Counsel, Cooley LLP
• Daniel Kirkpatrick, Member, Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC
• Mark J. Maier, Partner, Kaye Scholer LLP
• Jennifer Manner, Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, EchoStar Corporation
• Melissa Newman, Vice President – Federal Regulatory Affairs, CenturyLink
• Robert D. Primosch, Partner, Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP
• Glenn S. Richards, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
• Christopher W. Savage, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
• Peter J. Schildkraut, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
• Laura A. Stefani, Of Counsel, Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC
• Elvis Stumbergs, Counsel, Sprint
• Lindsey L. Tonsager, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
• Julie A. Veach, Partner, Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP
• Wesley K. Wright, Partner, Keller and Heckman LLP
• Chip Yorkgitis, Partner, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
Full information on the Boot Camp can be found at www.AmericanConference.com/FCCBootCamp.
# # #
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.
Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers, and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.
Headquartered in New York and led by Leigh Gilmore, Senior Vice President, and Lisa Riley, Managing Director, American Conference Institute has grown to produce more than 300 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.