In October 2015 in was announced that the Royal Navy received the first of seven AgustaWestland HC3 Merlin helicopters, forming the first tranche of 25 helicopters as part of the Merlin Capability Sustainment Program. With the seven helicopters expected to reach initial operating capability in spring 2016, they will replace Sea King HC4s from March.*
SMI’s 2nd annual Helicopter Technology Eastern Europe conference will be taking place in Budapest this May, 19-20. Join the leading military and industry experts and hear the latest update on the Merlin Capability Sustainment Program, from Major General Richard Felton, Commander, Joint Helicopter Command, UK MoD, speaking on Day One of Helicopter Technology Eastern Europe 2016.
In his briefing entitled "Generating Usable Operational Capability - the Joint Helicopter Command's Experience", Major General Richard Felton will look at the performance of the JHC Deployed Aircraft (Merlin, Sea King, Apache, Chinook and Lynx).
For further information on this presentation and to download a complimentary copy of the complete 2-day event agenda including all speakers and their topics, please go to www.helicopters-easterneurope.com/telco
Helicopter Technology Eastern Europe 2016 is designed to unite military helicopter procurement and technology experts with one goal, to enhance existing and future air support operation across air, land and sea. The participants will be the most senior decision makers responsible for modernising and procuring new military helicopters, as well as some of the region's most experienced operators of rotary craft.
“It is with great pleasure that I invite you to participate in this event. Multinational operations still remain reliant on interoperability of approach, communication and systems. Rotary fleets must be modernised and upgraded across Europe and the need for multipurpose aircraft is a priority for many.
There is therefore a need for a high level meeting that brings together senior military leadership, project decision makers and technical experts alongside the helicopter manufacturers and cutting edge industry solution providers to collaborate on future endeavours that will enhance the security and stability of Central Europe and its neighbouring countries.
I believe Helicopter Technology Eastern Europe 2016 is the perfect environment for this collaboration, hence lending my support behind the conference as chairman."
Expert Speakers Line up 2016 include:
• Major General Richard Felton Commander, Joint Helicopter Command, UK MoD
• Major General William Gayler, Deputy Commanding General, US Army Europe
• Major General Pistriuha Valentyn, Chief of Army Aviation, Ukraine Armed Forces
• Major General Antonio Bettelli, Commander Italian Army Aviation, Italian Armed Forces
• Brigadier General Miroslav Korba, Commander, Slovak Air Force
• Marko Gruden, Helicopter Programme Manager, Armament Project Management Division, Slovenian MoD
• Colonel Jiri Vavra, Head of the Air Force Development Department, GS CZE
• Colonel Steen Ulrich, Head of Helicopter Wing, Royal Danish Air Force
• Colonel Peder Söderström, Chief of the Swedish Helicopter Wing, Swedish Air Force
• Colonel Harold Boekholt, Head of Helicopter Branch, Royal Netherlands Air Force
• Colonel Domenico Fanelli, Project Manager, EPRC
• Cyril Goutard, Tiger Programme Manager, Tiger Programme Division, OCCAR-EA
• Major General (Retd) Dimitrios Petridis, Aviation Support Programme Manager, NSPA
• Mr Andy Gray, Helicopter Programme Manager, European Defence Agency
• Major General Bohuslav Dvorak, Former Deputy Chief of the General Staff, Czech Armed Forces, Conference Chairman.
To download the full agenda please visit the event website
There is currently an early bird offer available; book by 29th of February to save £400 off the conference price. Military and Government rates available, please visit the event website for further details.
For sponsorship enquiries please contact Sadia Malick on +44 (0) 207 827 6748 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For delegate enquiries please contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or email@example.com
*Source (Defense Industry Daily, http://bit.ly/1KNCSQa)
2nd annual Helicopter Technology Eastern Europe
19-20 May 2016
Novotel Budapest Centrum, Budapest, Hungary
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org