NEW YORK, Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The telecom sector is divided into four main activities:
- Fixed telephony covers network services operation and basic fixed services (installation costs, subscriptions and communications) and fixed PI telephony services: turnover includes all minor revenue.
- Mobile services cover the operation of radiocommunications networks (radio-telephony and radio-paging): turnover includes minor revenue excluding sale of equipment and interconnection. Mobile broadband turnover forms part of this category.
- Data transmission and Internet services.
The counting method is as follows:
- Traditional landlines are counted in equivalent to channels (PSTN / ISDN PRA or BRA).
- Mobile customers correspond to the number of SIM cards in circulation.
- VoIP subscribers correspond to the number of subscribers using voice on IP technology on an Internet access network with a speed above 128 kbps and of which the quality is controlled by the operator.
The market share calculation method is as follows:
- The mobile market share measures the importance of the mobile operator in a given national market. They are calculated from the actors' published data. They take MVNOs into account (except for the United States).
- The fixed broadband market share measures the importance of the high speed Internet access provider in a given national market. They are calculated from the operators' published data (number of fixed broadband subscribers).
The term "developed countries" designates countries from the following list: Canada, United States, the 28 countries of the European Union (+ Switzerland and Norway), Japan, South Korea, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan. By default, the countries not part of this list are deemed to be in the "developing countries" category.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02621280-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001