While the rest of the world is facing cuts in military spending, in South America there was a growth of 3.8% in the last few years. The future launch of the Geostationary and Defense and Strategic Communications Satellite (SGDC) in 2017, which marks Brazil’s entry into the high-throughput satellite market highlights the fact that Latin America is the next biggest region in SatCom.
Following the success of its MilSatCom Portfolio, including the world-renowned Global MilSatCom, the SMi Group is proud to present the launch of MilSatCom Latin America Conference, taking place on the 27th-28th of August 2014, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
As well as featuring much discussion on Brazil, the hub for MilSatCom, the event agenda includes presentations focusing on the different Latin American countries and their proprietary satellites such as Argentina and El Salvador. Event’s attendees will also be exploring Latin America’s growing partnerships with other countries such as China.
For more information, please contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- J.R. Cristóvam Nascimento, Brazil Correspondent, Global VSAT Forum
- Claude Rousseau, Senior Analyst, Northern Sky Research
- Brigadier-Major Carlos Vuyk de Aquino, Brazilian Armed Forces
- Colonel Pierre Mattei, Aerospace Engineering Coordinator, Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica
- Lieutenant Colonel Hélcio Vieira Junior, Commander, Space Operations Center, Brazilian Armed Forces
- Captain Eloi Fonseca, Aerospace Engineering, Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica
- Regina Cunha Parreira, Manager of Spectrum, Orbit and Broadcasting, Anatel
- Maximiliano Erazu, SAOCOM Communication System Engineer, CONAE
- Diana Goody, Vice President, International & Government Channels, Harris CapRock
- “D” D’Ambrosio, Executive VP Government Solutions, O3b Networks
- Lincoln Oliveira, General Director, Star One
- Harold Haney, Chief Space and Missile Defense C4 Division, USSTRATCOM
- Dr. R Evan Ellis, Professor of National Security Studies, Centre for Hemispheric Defense Studies and many more!
- Hear the Host Nation Keynote Address from Brigadier-Major Carlos Vuyk de Aquino, Brazilian Armed Forces
- Hear two keynote presentations direct from the Latin American military at the forefront of the Military satellite communications industry- Brazilian Armed Forces
- Hear an overview of the military and commercial satellite communications systems market across Latin America and how to get involved
- In depth discussion of ground-breaking new international partnerships between Latin America and other countries such as China on satellite projects such as Venesat-1, Associated Infrastructure and Venezuela Space Collaboration, Tupac Katari and the Bolivia Space Collaboration and Nicasat-1
- Don't miss interactive half-day pre-conference workshop "Mobile Satellite Solutions for the Armed Forces", hosted by Arycom
For more information, go to: http://www.smi-online.co.uk/milsatcom-lam42.asp
Alternatively, contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or e-mail email@example.com
Contact for media partners: Julia Rotar, marketing manager, firstname.lastname@example.org