TOPIC AREA: Web Real-Time Communication
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Through a series of interviews at Mobile World Congress 2014 and further one to one telephone interviews with operator thought leaders we will collate the latest operator viewpoint on the pressing issues around this topic area.
WebRTC is an emerging industry standard for enabling Web browsers with real-time communications capabilities. It enables enterprises to enhance Web sites, empower BYOD users, and improve video collaboration and on-line meetings, to name but a few examples. An open standard, WebRTC helps IT organizations accelerate time to market and contain costs by breaking vendor and platform dependencies. This project seeks opinion from a range of CSPs to understand the future direction of this market.
- Bringing together opinion from experts and thought leaders to enhance the industry’s understanding of the WebRTC space.
- Gaining and understanding of how digital and communications service providers are viewing WebRTC.
- Drawing consensus on the current status of the market
HIGH LEVEL QUESTIONS THE PROJECT WILL ANSWER
- Do CSP’s feel that WebRTC is a threat or an opportunity?
- How far are operators pursuing web or IMS centric strategies?
- What do CSP’s feel are the most attractive features of WebRTC?
WHAT WILL THE PROJECT DELIVER?
- Thought leadership published and broadcast every day from Mobile World Congress to the whole mobile community
- A comprehensive report capturing the output from the interviews and survey feedback available to participants only